newbie with questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Steve! There are LOTS of dive shops in this area that will get you certified- PADI, SSI, NAUI- the list is endless! You might want to use the http://www.bellsouth.com/search/index.html?gnav=search website to find dive shops in the Coconut Creek area (& maybe a 15 mile radius) & call around. Certainly, I can recommend my LDS which is PADI- Jenny is a great instructor. Their website is:http://www.scuba-school.com/

This should be an argument forum and I'm sure has been somewhere in the past. I will say this...
When I certed a few years ago, I went with PADI. Recently, I helped my wife get certed and she used NAUI. There were minor differences between the two, except for the volume of information from NAUI. I am considering a crossover so I have both, but from what I have seen in the training package alone, I think NAUI is much more thorough. Then again, it depends on your instructor. You could be learning from the Encylopedia Brittanica, but if Tickle Me Elmo is your dive instructor, you might have reason for concern. Good luck and welcome to the fold! All I can say after that is,...
the underwater world is an incredible world and I pity those who can never relish or even experience its wonders.

How long will you be in Coconut Creek? With this answer I can steer you to a dive shop that I can recommend. PM me.

Dive safely
Joe

theWanderers:
I'm new to scuba. Tried it this past summer in Greece and loved it. Now I'm thinking of becoming certified. I'll be in Coconut Creek Florida in the spring, and I was wondering if anyone can recommend a school/place to learn. Also would like to understand which certification is best to use overseas, or are they all accepted everywhere.

Any help you could give would be great.

Thanks
Steve
Welcome!
It seems you're beginning to get answers to your question.
Good luck and enjoy the board. I hope to see you around the various forums, they're full of information from technical to travel.

Now for my stock message, which is still under construction:
This is a great place to meet people, talk about diving, and get information on just about any aspect of diving -or other subjects sometimes- that you can think of. Roaming through the forums is great help for me.
When you post a question, be as sure as you can that it's in the right forum or you'll probably find it moved.
The folks here are passionate about their diving, some about their specialty, so the reading can get very interesting, sometimes very hot.
Don't forget, if you haven't already done it, to fill out you profile as completely as reasonable, it'll save you being asked and having to repeat the information often.
Enjoy!

Tom

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom