Newbie to The Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TaNoO

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,
I'm really new to scuba diving. I only have 3 ocean dives under my belt. I'd like to go diving in the keys on my birthday. I really like the way JASA, by palm beach, operates, one big group with a dive guide. I'm wondering if there is any decent charter in the keys do that. If not, Can anyone recommend a charter and dive locations that is good for my tiny little experience:D? Thank you

Depends where in the Keys. Upper Keys I would highly recommend Silent World or Conch Republic! Key West I would recommend Southpoint! I'm sure some others will chime in with their two cents as well :)

I'd like to go to the upper keys since I heard it's really pretty and colorful. Do those 2 charters provide a dive guide?
I'd like to have a dive guide dive with me since I'm still not comfortable in the water. Thank you.

I believe Rainbow Reef puts a DM in the water with you

Its uncomon in the Keys unless you arrainge for a guide in advance and pay for their services - cost is like $50 - 75 per dive - Rainbow offers this service w/out charge and if this is important to you, they may be your best bet.

However.....w/ the exception of some of the deeper wrecks, and the deeper areas of the popular sites, most of the sites are shallow - 25 - 40 ft - and fairly easy to navigate.

I'd like to go to the upper keys since I heard it's really pretty and colorful. Do those 2 charters provide a dive guide?
I'd like to have a dive guide dive with me since I'm still not comfortable in the water. Thank you.

TaNoO,

We don't usually put a guide in the water, but with the discounts you get booking online with our shop I'm sure we can work something out.

Good Diving,

Thank you all for your help, but I have to put the trip on hold because I just got into a car accident. It bent my spine, so I have to go through Spine Manipulation. I don't want to carry a tank until the sessions are completed. For now, I'm gonna have to settle for snorkeling:banana:. Thank you.

Thank you all for your help, but I have to put the trip on hold because I just got into a car accident. It bent my spine, so I have to go through Spine Manipulation. I don't want to carry a tank until the sessions are completed. For now, I'm gonna have to settle for snorkeling:banana:. Thank you.

Oh my....Take care of yourself and get well soon. The Keys isn't going anywhere and we hope to see you down here when you get better. Snorkeling is a great way to get in the water and I'm sure it will be on the DR's list of approved exercises....but check with them first just to make sure.

Good Diving,

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom