Newbie to SB in Chandler, AZ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ewilly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just found SB last week when doing a search about diving the Salt River for recovery of long lost personal items. I am looking forward to diving the river frequently and am also looking for someone to dive with. I am going to try "snorkeling" it first and see how bad I need a tank.

I was NAUI certified 5 years ago in Lake Havasu while living there and spent 3 years actively diving 1-2x a week in Copper Canyon etc.. I have a couple of open-water dives under my belt but really enjoy scavenging and the challenge it offers.

I have basic gear and am well conditioned but need to learn the nooks and crannies of the Salt.

If anyone is interested in this venture on an occasional Fri. morning or sat,sun late afternoons let me know.

Look forward to meeting some of you. Eric

Welcome to the Board. We'll start diving the Salt river as soon as we can get access to Sheeps Crossing. That is the closest access to the river. There are a few other spots to get in at but they are quite a hike. Check out the Southwest Sand Sharks fourm. There is a thread about diving the Salt.

I will check out the sand sharks. I drove up there yesterday but didn't go down to the river as I didn't have a pass and rangers were out in force. Thanks for the welcome. I will probably try to go out there next Sat mid afternoon.

Regards, Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom