newbie question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nerdkid

Registered
Reaction score
ok guys first post here man!
alright questions...

1. when you buy bcds will the lp hose from the regulator to the inflator hose be included when buying the bcd.

2. i heard tat some bcds have different kinds of hoses in diameter wise

3. apeks regulator are using 1/2" hoses than 3/8" hoses?

4. how are seac sub products..like bcds and regulators

Filling out your profile page would give us some insight to help with our answers. If you are located outside of the USA that will also have relevance for some answers, as some products might not be easily available/serviceable where you live.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok guys first post here man!
alright questions...

1. when you buy bcds will the lp hose from the regulator to the inflator hose be included when buying the bcd.

2. i heard tat some bcds have different kinds of hoses in diameter wise

3. apeks regulator are using 1/2" hoses than 3/8" hoses?

4. how are seac sub products..like bcds and regulators

1. At least in the USA, the answer is typically yes.

2. For the oral inflate, there are several different hoes designs/styles out there. For the LP, there are lots of different lengths but the standard seems to be 3/8 (every BC from the modern era I have owned used that). Perhaps it is diferent in asia?

3. At one time, I think Apex did use a larger hose for the reg. I think they have stopped that and all lp ports on the first are 3/8..

Can you give us a better idea of what problem/issue you are trying to solve?

thanks! nope no problems i just wanted to check as i am buying my equipments soon..i was worried about these problems..cause i saw the some halcyons and their inflator hoses from the oral inflator to the bcds are huge...

I have a Halcyon Backplate system which came with its own low pressure inflator hose. It was "standard" size both at the end that connects to the first stage and the end that connects to the low pressure inflator (the BCD end if you will). If you are talking about an inflator hose that comes with a Halcyon regulator that would be a different issue. I have never seen one, but to be honest I would be surprised if it was any different.

I have never run into any other type of inflator hose other than one exception. When the hose connects to an integrated low pressure inflator/backup second stage (like the Zeagle OctoZ), the bit at the very end that connects to the backup second stage was non-standard (sorry for calling one setup standard and another setup non-standard, but from my eperience from Carribean, North Florida, Texas, Red Sea, Mediterranian and Indonesia low pressure inflators are all exactly the same)

In that exception where the low pressure inflator is integrated with the backup second satge (octopus if you will), the hose width and regulator port were standard, but the downstream port was specific to the manufacturer.

Hope that helps.

Al Yafi
Dives well under pressure

By they way, I am assuming you are not talking about the length of the hose because that certainly varies from one setup to another.

If I read your original post that is not what you were talking about, but I thought I would add it just in case.

Al Yafi

thanks al yafi! nope not talking about the lenght of the hose..
ok lets say right..if i buy a hose..i use use tat hose on every single thing?
hoses on regulators and the bcds are different right?

hey jim! thanks man! so every regulator uses the same hoses..
a stupid question if i buy my regulator will i have to buy the hoses or are they included..
and is it ok to use other brand of regulator for my octo?

I'm from around here too and I've very puzzled by your questions.

Where do you buy your bcds from that the hose doesn't come with the bcd? All bcds should come with lo hoses. Even wings ship with a hose.

Some hoses are different in size but why are you asking about these things? What's wrong with the standard inflators on the bcd?

Unless you're buying older 2nd hand apeks regs all the xtx series use the 3/8 ports.

Different brand octos? Why do you want to do that?

SangP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom