Newbie post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eyemanrh

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi Randy Hamilton here 71 yrs young. Just got my open water certification a month ago working on classes for advanced only issue I have is getting someone to dive with and the Indiana area it's a good couple hour drive to any quarry and it's hard to find people to dive with because if you don't have all your equipment of course you have to do it ahead of time so you can acquire equipment and when you don't know anybody you don't have any connections so anyway from the South bend Indiana area anybody has any thoughts I'd appreciate them and I'll stay in touch

Hi! I’m very new too. I live close to Lexington KY, my instructor has let me rent his equipment and go with him & a small group to go to a quarry near Bowling Green Ky. Not sure how far that is for you I’m also planning a trip to Key Largo in December. There’s a place with hotel included & airfare on Allegiant, so it’s not too bad. I’m having a dive master go with me & my son

Klaatu barada nikto

Hi Randy Hamilton here 71 yrs young. Just got my open water certification a month ago working on classes for advanced only issue I have is getting someone to dive with and the Indiana area it's a good couple hour drive to any quarry and it's hard to find people to dive with because if you don't have all your equipment of course you have to do it ahead of time so you can acquire equipment and when you don't know anybody you don't have any connections so anyway from the South bend Indiana area anybody has any thoughts I'd appreciate them and I'll stay in touch
WOW. Congratulations Randy.
And to think I got depressed and decided to quit diving and gave away all my gear when I turned 45 because I thought I was too old. LOL

Hi! I’m very new too. I live close to Lexington KY, my instructor has let me rent his equipment and go with him & a small group to go to a quarry near Bowling Green Ky. Not sure how far that is for you I’m also planning a trip to Key Largo in December. There’s a place with hotel included & airfare on Allegiant, so it’s not too bad. I’m having a dive master go with me & my son
Unfortunately I live at the very north end of Indiana right on the Michigan border about 3 mi from Notre Dame in South bend but I was actually married in bowling Green to my first wife I lost her after 30 years but that's another lifetime I would love to go down there but that would be a quite a long drive for me there is a quarry up around Indianapolis a little bit north of it that I'm going to get out to but moving on to key largo I am going to be in the keys for November December and January just south of John pennekamp State Park which I'm sure you're familiar with or you need to familiarize yourself with it it was the first underwater State Park in the nation but my name is Randy Hamilton and it's been a pleasure talking to you and we should stay in touch I'm 71 and out of shape but trying

Get your solo certification, a pony bottle and regulator, a backup cutting tool and torch and don't worry about finding someone to dive with.

Back
Top Bottom