New York Bombings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MrMrEZG,

I understand your anger but I feel it is miss directed. We can not generalize and suspect all arabs (especially those that have become US citizens) because of the actions of a few deranged individuals. If one American acts in such a terrible way, should all Americans be judged.

There have been several local reports of violence against American Muslims. Would we do this if the terrorist were Christian or Jewish?

So my prayers are also with all of those that are having the anger of our nation directed toward them unjustly.

Chad

Originally posted by j27rock
Hi
I am a nyc police officer and would like to thank evrybody on this board for their support. It is an extremely horrible scene here. I live in brooklyn and I am a new board member. I am glad to see all the support from the rest of the country. My life is changed forever. God bless
thank you
Jim

Jim, you are a brave and noble man. My prayers will be with you as you do your job.

Kimmie

What has happened is beyond imagination.I have been shaken emotionally and deeply as have you all.I am not American but this tragedy has made me feel like one.Those people hurt and killed,those brave and selfless volenteers from all over,the rescuers and those donating blood and money and time and effort and prayers are all my family now.
The terrorists who did this have made a big mistake.They just didn't attack the U.S. They attacked MY country of New Zealand.They have attacked Australia,Great Britain,Canada and all the nations of the world,including the nation that hides them.They have brought doom and devastation to that country.There will be NO hole deep enough to hide in! NO shadow dark enough to skulk in! The whole world will be after you now.I have been in contact with my friends in NZ and they have all been in tears and are praying for Americans and America,as I do also.When the time comes,there will be unilateral support for ANY U.S. response to these scum and not only that,but offers of assistance and troops aswell.I just hope they let the NZ,Australian and British SAS assist the US forces.Nothing will save them from the coming retribution.
I wish to extend on behalf of my country condolances to all my brothers and sisters on this website who are from America and I am sure that all the others extend their own countries sympathies aswell.God Bless America and All Americans who are a great and wonderful people who love freedom and are rallying at this moment,showing their greatness in a time of unholy tragedy.My flight back to NZ may be delayed due to the airport closures but that is NO inconvenience to me!
My Love to you all,
Greg.

Gregg,
Your words of support are so encouraging. It truly does help to know that others are willing to stand with us Americans in our time of need. Thank you so much for your words and encouragement.

~lildiver (glenda)

As much as I appreciate the positive response.

Gordon Sinclair died in 84. The piece that has been quoted (which I heartly endorse!) was written after the final fall of Viet Nam.

I still believe that it is as true today as it was then. I have American friends and family from lower NY state to Boston, NYC, Florida, Austin and Dallas. San Diego and Kentucky.

Know that when action is required, you will not stand alone.

I have heard from home that there was 1 New Zealander on one of the flights.There were 5 injured at the WTC,one the son of a senior NZ politition and one missing,presumed dead in the collapsed buildings.Family of the missing man state that he would not hesitate contacting them so they are sure he is gone.I reiterate my words before.We will stand with America.It's a time for grief and contemplation and compassion.But action WILL come.
God Bless us All.
Greg.

The Canadian Prime Minister just did a press conference.

1) 2 Canadians were on the hijacked aircraft
2) 100 Canadians who worked in the WTC are unaccounted for.
3) Canada will deploy Air Marshalls
4) The PM has asked Canadians to recognize Friday as a national day of mourning in solidarity with the US
5) The province of Ontario has responded to a US request and is dispatching a team of forensic specailists including the Chief Coroner to NYC for body identification

Let's not forget that there are other nationalities involved.
100 known English dead, 300 still unaccounted for (expected to fall)
300 Missing Swiss
100 missing Japanese
75 Austraillians are still missing

The PM has stated that Canada will stand with the US both as a friend and a NATO ally.

I'm posting this because I don't know if the US media is covering the international angle.

that I got sent over the net.

The Loss

I am starting to see that people (not member of the board) but people with authority are starting to talk less about the amount of people who were killed, injured or affected emotionally by this tragedy and talk more about how its going to end in war and all the politics behind it...i just feel sorry for all those emotionally scarred who have seen friends and families killed and people are talking about increasing the figures with further violence. ;-(

3 Israelis died on the airplanes-2 where on a vocation and one on a buisness trip.

There where quite several offices of Israely companys on the buidings that collapse, most workers are still missing, few survived the collapsing. The biggest Israely office there, belonged to the company my father works in, and had over 200 employs, but luckily, 5 days before the attack they moved to virginia.

It's amazing, those buildings held people of all nationalitys, probobly even of the attacker's nations. It really was a world center.

And here's another thing- I live in a small town of 6000 people, those buildings could hold quite a few of such towns!

It's completly crazy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom