New York Bombings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi, everybody....
I live and work (HS math teacher) in Bergen County, NJ- the "western end of the George Washington bridge".
It's been a large slice of hell here-but of course much worse in NYC.
Many coworkers and students have family members who worked at or near the WTC- including my sister in law. Mercifully, she was stuck in traffic on the NJ side of the Lincoln tunnel- but had a nightmarish view of what transpired.
She is safe and sound at home, but says the sleep won't come for some time-too many bad images.
I also have a nephew-a cop in NJ- who was sent into NYC to help- he said the TV pics only show the large horror-not the smaller-more acutely terrible-sights. I don't want to go into details, but I'm sure you can, but don't want to,imagine.
It was also tough sitting with students who didn't know when-or if - their parents would be getting home from work. Not a fun day at all.
My deepest sympathies to you, Mario,and to all others who have lost friends or family in this travesty.

I hope the retaliation is as quick and, (somewhat sorry to realize that I do feel this way) merciless.

My best to all,
Miked

Ladydiver,

I found the rest of the quote that you mentioned earlier and found it very interesting.

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb, The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

Nostradamus 1654

So may things could be drawn from this. The brothers being the towers. The fortress could be the Pentagon, White House, or the Country as a whole.

Chad

I believe there is even a bit more than that.

"In the year of the new century and none months,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city...
In the city of York, there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
While the fortress falls, the great leader will succumb.
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning."

Nostradamus

I don't know if there is more in addition to this. If there is more, please let me know.

The civilized world is in shock.

We weep for our lost brothers and sisters; send sincere condolances to their grieving loved ones.

Ave shalom,

~SubMariner~

Hi
I am a nyc police officer and would like to thank evrybody on this board for their support. It is an extremely horrible scene here. I live in brooklyn and I am a new board member. I am glad to see all the support from the rest of the country. My life is changed forever. God bless
thank you
Jim

jim,

Thank you and your fellow Officers for all of the work that you are doing.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your fellow New Yorkers.

Chad

Welcome to the board... if there is ANYTHING your new family can do for you, PLEASE don't hesitate to ask... You and all of New York are in our hearts, minds, and prayers. Keep up the hard work, and be patient. "Vengeance is mine" says the Lord... but he won't refuse our help either!!! They have awoken the sleeping tiger.

is what I am feeling for the victims and wish to offer my condolances.

Now for my "other" feelings. I would personly like to see all of those responsible beheaded. Now realisticly I do not see that happening, so I must ask my self "What can I legally do to prevent future terrorist attacks." I have only one answer.

BOYCOTT any place that is owned by or employs any arabs.

you may ask how this would hurt terrorist orgs? It's quite simple really, if you think about it. All of the org's "cells" that operate in the US are funded somehow. That funding comes from it's members that are working and giving our money to these people. If enough people join in on this PEACEFUL boycott. Then we may be able to slow them down.

From Australia......

This board is the first thing I read whenever I hit the
net. Your names are like those of old friends...... even
though I don't say much, I READ EVERYTHING. As so many
contributors are from the United States, I need to let
you know that the thoughts of every Australian I know,
and especially my own, are with you all. On the other
side of the world we are profoundly affected by what
has happened, so I can only imagine how you all must be
feeling.

The images we are seeing on our TV screens (beemed in
non stop 24 hours a day) are beyond belief. Is this
really happening? Surely not?

I have no friends or relatives in the US so posting on
this board is the only way I can think of to personally
express my sorrow. No call has gone out for blood here,
but if it does, I'll be in line.

I guess we, on this board, are all united in our love of the underwater world.
If only the people who commit these
attrocities could find something to love instead of hate.

Take care.

Kate

MrMrEZG,

"BOYCOTT any place that is owned by or employs any arabs."

I must strongly disagree.

While some arabs support terrorist activities, it is ridiculous to lump everyone in an ethnic or religious group together. Your suggestion is the first step toward a grave injustice. Anyone of any ethnic or religious group who supports terrorism deserves punishment, but they deserve to be punished because of their actions, not because of whom they are.

WWW™

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom