New Year's Eve/Day dives?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craig, (and others), we are going up today. We decided to take the scuba camper along with all the fixins, so we'll stay tonight and all day tomorrow. We're hoping to pick up our tanks and head that direction around 1 or so.

We hope to see everyone out that can come!

If I still can catch everyone:

Kunk35, Yellowfin, TwoBitTx, is there some way I can have my green camp chair delivered to Murray?

See you boyz and grrrlz in the morning. John, don't be stirring the DeeEyeAre pot too much.

I will HONK as I pass up I-35 just west of Lake Murray Thursday morning about 6amish....everyone be up and listening!!

I will HONK as I pass up I-35 just west of Lake Murray Thursday morning about 6amish....everyone be up and listening!!

Traveling with 6 Amish, huh? VERY genteel. And shouldn't you be waving the dive flag as well? Just asking.

I wanted to say thanks to All the Kunks , richerso & of course ZzzKing.
I had a great time.

It's 2:50 in the afternoon and I " just " finished cleaning everything up from the trip.
I was too tried to even drink beer when I got home last night.

2 Nice cold dives.
We'll call it 44 degrees and 65 or so feet deep. Both were 36 minutes.

A person could see without a light at 65 feet and I'd say I could see my buddy from 10 or more feet away in that light. It felt like twilight. You could see each other's dive lights from at least 20+ feet and that is as far apart as we ever got. Easy, some of the best vis I've seen out at Lake Murray.

I've been nursing a fever with a cough and stuffed up nose and chest congestion for days and it made the cold water even more rude with that fever but what are you going to do just stay home all the time ? I've never felt so bad before diving but I feel sort of charged up today. I guess that water just lowered my fever.
What do you think ? :wink:

Who needs the Amish !!! Lets do it again soon !!!

Great trip! The Kunks just about outdid anything the Amish have ever come up with. Hot cocoa between dives and a plate of hamburgers that Wimpy would be proud of. The only things that were lacking were hot towels and warm cognac but since I'm diving dry this year, I don't really need much of a towel anyway.

We briefly discussed another 5k in the spring so stay tuned!

Big Shout out to the Kunks! They really did outdo themselves (and everyone else)!
Great diving! Great food! Great friendship! Thanks to Frank for letting me sleep in the Gypsy Girl! I think I would have frozen otherwise on Wednesday night.

Big Shout out to the Kunks! They really did outdo themselves (and everyone else)!
Great diving! Great food! Great friendship! Thanks to Frank for letting me sleep in the Gypsy Girl! I think I would have frozen otherwise on Wednesday night.

As it turned out, you waited for Thursday morning to freeze. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom