New Year's Eve/Day dives?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wednesday sounds good to me but I'd be ok with either one.
Maybe both.

....Both??:eyebrow:

Hey! I heard yellowfin got a camera! So I hear.

Greetings and Happy Holidays,
There is a group from Fort Worth making the 6 hour drive to Balmorhea AFTER the CSSP polar bear dive Thursday Jan 1st. (We didn't want to take anything away from CSSP or their event )

We plan on driving out to Toyahvale, TX (that is West Texas) after the CSSP event ends at 12. This will be my first time diving at Balmorhea, but everyone who has been there before tells me I will love it and that it is worth the drive. Balmorhea is warmer water (72 to 76 year-round) and crystal clear. I have read in several articles that its like diving in an aquarium. Any one who wants to come along is welcome.

We plan on diving both Friday and Saturday (maybe even a night dive or two if the ambient temp at night isn't too harsh), then making the 6 hour return trip Sunday. I am tent camping but there are others in our group that have hotel rooms as well as a couple of people bringing travel trailers.

Since it is at 3200 or so elevation-- my friend Chris-- (a PADI instructor) is going to be teaching the PADI Altitude Diver specialty through the LDS if anyone wants that specialty.

If this sounds like anything anyone wants to join in on--- you are all more than welcome. I always look forward to diving with fun new people.

Hit me back if you need any details between now and Jan 1st.

Stuart
Stuman21232@hotmail.com

Oh yes,like Yellowfin--- I got a digital U/W camera for Christmas as well, and like her I CAN'T WAIT to get wet with it. I am such a geek I took it into the shower with me. (It is way more Camera than I am Photographer- but what the hell)

I cant wait to try and photograph some of these two endangered species in Balmorhea--the Comanche Springs Pupfish and the Pecos Gambusia (mosquito fish). Of course to tell you the truth I have no frigging idea what either one of them looks like, but I sure as hell plan on trying to find them-------I always hate to hear any animal is nearing extinction, so lets go have a contest to see who can take the best pictures of them. LOL

Stuart

There are a bunch of us from the SI Scuba Staff going up to Lake Murray on Jan 1st. Plan to have cookout and everything. Anyone that wants to join us is more than welcome.

Have fun Balmorhea is such a nice place to work on photos.

After you have a bit of practice, if you decide that you are not quite getting the results that you want and need some help, let us know, there are several folks around that do u/w imaging and can also teach the u/w digital photo class.

Can't do Balmoreah right now, too far, no sitter, we're doing that one in March. I think we will be different and still do our dive on New Year's Eve, instead of New Year's day.

Richerso, Frank, and anybody else that's interested, Murray, about 10:00 a.m. (we're going to try to go for two dives) We'll bring the heated tent, burgers, buns, hot chocolate, etc.....

Someone else can bring the party hats.:D

Everyone remember that Murray's potty's and showers are closed.:shakehead:

Rhonda

Everyone have fun and down a hot dog for me!! :D

PS-- don't forget the black eyed peas!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom