New Year's Day Dive - 2006 !!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A compass.

Hey, No Fish, you don need no stinkin compass!!!
I'll teach ya how to navigate by telling the direction based on the difference of the water temperature when the sun or moon is shining on it.

No Fish:
A compass.

GREAT!!! Now YOU can navigate instead of ME! I've got the group lost more than my fair share. I can stay on a heading but that's about it.:D:D

...I'll try it again when I get my SK7

Jeremy

The Kraken:
Hey, No Fish, you don need no stinkin compass!!!
I'll teach ya how to navigate by telling the direction based on the difference of the water temperature when the sun or moon is shining on it.

Great Idea! It sure beats my old method of killing a chicken and looking at its entrails.... (just between you and me, I have to say that people were starting to complain).

JKSteger:
:D:D

...I'll try it again when I get my SK7

Jeremy

I can proudly say it IS a SK7...... You may envy it if you wish.

Well, guys, looks like we're going to have GREAT WEATHER for our New Year's Day dive!

Temperature: Low to mid 60's
Sky: Partly cloudy

Should make it nice for all the "support team members" - you know, the ones grilling the hot dogs and hamburgers.

Should be a beautiful day!!!

Remember, first dive commences at 12:00 noon.

If you need directions, refer to post #64.

the K

No Fish:
I can proudly say it I a SK7...... You may envy it if you wish.

And envy I shall....
icon_lol.gif

See you Sunday
Jeremy

There are a couple of things I'd like to accomplish New Year's Day if anyone is interested and would like to help.

I'd like to set a buoy at the following locations:
#1: Fixed buoy (to eliminate buoy drift from anchor plate)
#2: The lumber pile (at center top of the pile)
#3: The platform

The reason I'd like to do this is to establish compass headings from each position to the other with distances generated by a laser range finder.

I will provide:
1: Yellow 1 gallon milk jugs for floats
2: String for attachment and flotation of markers (see #1)
3: Laser range finder
4: The stupid compass (even though I can tell direction based upon the temperature of water based upon its exposure to the sun)

Anyone interested???????

the K

The Kraken:
There are a couple of things I'd like to accomplish New Year's Day if anyone is interested and would like to help.

I'd like to set a buoy at the following locations:
#1: Fixed buoy (to eliminate buoy drift from anchor plate)
#2: The lumber pile (at center top of the pile)
#3: The platform

The reason I'd like to do this is to establish compass headings from each position to the other with distances generated by a laser range finder.

Sounds like a good idea to me and should be far easier than carrying thoes rotars on the jugs like last year. I'm actually looking forward to seeing this "lumber pile" I've been hearing about.

Jeremy

Ok...I have a tropical triweight and (if it gets here) a 3mm full...wold that be enough? I have a full 5mm dry suit but haven't qualled or dove it yet...

Where is everyone meeting? West bank or somewhere more interesting? Cemetary perhaps?

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom