New Wreck in Lake Worth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jessica Anderson

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
They just sank a new artificial reef (i.e. shipwreck) just north of the Lake Worth inlet. It is part of a line of multiple wrecks. I added it to the Navionics charts using community edits so be sure to update your chart in that area so you have the coordinates (screenshot of chart below). My friends were the first group to dive the new wreck (unfortunately, I had to work :( ... boo! for work!)!

IMG_3417-e1468458484156.png

IMG_3416-e1468458541141.png

IMG_3415-e1468458614935.png

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for sharing. I will definitely dive that one the next time I'm in that area. I love diving there.
Question for you: my Navionics chart doesn't have all those contour lines. How did you get all those contours on your chart? Thanks for any help!

I will be down there in August. It would be awesome to get to dive it. Any insight of dive ops planning trips there?

congratulations to Lake Worth and PB County for a job well done....

KDAD, I haven't heard about any dive ops planning trips there yet but I will be sure to post here if I hear of any.
Miss Adventure: You need to change the map to the SonarChart. You probably either have it on Government or Navionics map. When the map is open, click on the icon on the bottom left that is either the Navionics symbol or the letters Govt depending on which map you currently have open. Once you click on it the three map types will show (Govt Chart, Navionics, or SonarChart). Click on SonarChart and that will show you the contour lines. The detail of the contour lines is actually pretty amazing! It really helps when navigating shallow waters or for looking for diving or fishing areas.

IMG_0363.PNG
IMG_0364.PNG
IMG_0365.PNG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom