New Website for Florida Divers Launches Today!~

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd suggest doing some background checks on dive ops.A cursory glance showed multiple felons,unlicensed charters,major resource violations,Ops with lost divers and deaths.

Sure you want to be responsible for promoting Ops with that kind of public record?Is the money that good?

I understand that you do not have everyone in the site, but I don't understand the point of what you do have.

I live in South East Florida for part of the year, and I dive in the Pompano Beach area quite a bit. I noticed that none of the operators in that area are on the list. So I went to the schedule and checked different days to see what the schedules are for those days. For each of the dive operations listed on each of the days, there was a generic advertisement for that operator, with no link to that operator's web site or schedule. It didn't matter what day it was on the calendar--every day was the same.

So all I get from the site is the names of a couple of operators and a list of a couple of the dive sites. So tell me how that helps me with my dive planning.

I welcome this "Work in Progress" and hope I can contribute to its progress, so here's my take: I went to website for Ft. Lauderdale/Pompano, and looked for both the dive shops I knew and also new ones. I did find a clue about a new one that I can research further, so I can see the value of going back to your website.
Is there a systematic and helpful way we can send you info on reviews, so other people can learn of experiences and maybe dive shops can learn how they are appearing to customers?
If I just try to google a location I get flooded with hotel, unwanted tourist information, so googling to locate a shop is frustrating.
I will say this website has great potential for me as an additional resource/place to start looking when going to new part of Florida.

Cut the guy some slack. He's just trying to make a buck promoting dive ops advertising on his website. No harm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom