New TrueFin fins.... Any comments ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried the green on the little toe set-up and very much didn't like it. Felt a weird twist when flutter kicking and no improvement for frog.

My ankles don't bend downward particularly well so I like having more articulation that direction, also feels like less drag on the reset for the frog when I don't get the angle just right. It's possible my ideal spine would be yellow downward then somewhere between yellow and green/blue in the frog direction.

I do find that for both frog and back kick they reward longer slower cadence. For flutter it's the opposite.

I predominantly frog kick.
Ditto. How are the foot pockets?

I find the foot pockets very comfortable. I wear a size 10 shoe, wear sturdy 3mm Pinnacle booties and dive large Truefins with a medium spring strap. I imagine all those variables could make a difference.

I dive large Dive Rite XTs, they have always been very comfortable for me.

I dive large Dive Rite XTs, they have always been very comfortable for me.
They dig into my high instep.

I suppose the closest approximation would be to say that the Truefin large has a similar size/shape foot pocket as the Scubapro Seawing Nova large. It's odd there is no foot pocket sizing standard applied to swim fins.

I suppose the closest approximation would be to say that the Truefin large has a similar size/shape foot pocket as the Scubapro Seawing Nova large. It's odd there is no foot pocket sizing standard applied to swim fins.
Yes, my large Truefin's and my large Sewing Nova's fit very similarly (but swim completely different).

The pocket is VERY stiff on the bottom and moderately flexible on the top. I'm an 11.5 shoe, diving with 5mm booties they are a little loose on the sides. They fit the integrated boots on my drysuit perfectly.
I have no arches to speak of so YMMV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom