New toys for a new season?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First let me explain, for the last few years I was working in Massachusetts. It was a good job but many, many hours and too few dives. Once that contract ran out, I moved to FL. I couldn’t find an equivalent job. So I went back to school and got a part-time job at the local dive shop…
That was about 3-1/2 months ago. So far I have bought

-Back-plates
-Wings
-Longer hoses
-Shorter hoses
-Regulator (first stage)
-Regulator (second stage)
-Canister lights
-Back-up lights
-Bottom timers
-Dry suits (with gaitors, boots, pockets)
-Fins
-Doubled tanks (manifolds, bands)
-Large single tanks w/H valves
-Alum 40’s
-Wetsuits with pockets

Oh yeah some training too.
-Rescue
-Cavern
-Master Diver (starting in a couple of weeks)
-Intro to cave (as soon as the water clears up)

All the plurals in the list are because I’m buying for my girlfriend and myself. :rolleyes:
We basically dumped all the normal recreational gear: jacket BC, pistol grip lights, retractors, short hoses, 3 gauge counsels, in favor of Hogathian style cave/tec gear.
Someday I might even get a paycheck from the shop…NAW the gear is much more fun!!
(Un)fortunately the gig will soon be up, I had some great job interviews recently. It’s back into the workforce. :D

Well, for me, I cant wait for the new PST E-8 130's to show up. I am planning on getting another set of doubles with a dive rite manifold and highland bands . I am also looking at getting a Suunto D3 as another backup timer. Then, some more training and lots of diving planned for this season... I got a trip to FLorida in my near future, and another trip to somewhere warm later this year...

Ahhhhh.... diving is just so expensive...

I played with a pr. of SP Jet Fins a couple weeks ago. Liked them well enough that I bought a pair that actually fit me well so I could test them really well before I decide. If I don't like them I doubt I'll have trouble finding them a new home. This is my 6th :wacko: set of fins so it's not like I needed them! I WILL be selling fins at Octobers Scuba Flea Market!!!

Other than that just small things...new LED spotting light for my camera housing, larger spool (100ft), new booties.

Found my new suit -- a 6.5mm one-piece. No more farmer john action.

Now I just have to go out and buy it...

I got a new UK Blue tang blunt nose, UK SL4, and in the process in getting a scubapro mk25/G250HP reg. Oh, what fun I'll have once the water warms up!

...I've gone a little nuts...

Viking Xtreme Drysuit
Softwear 300 Wt. Undies (due today)
AUL Aluminum Backplate with harness and pouch.
Two soft cam bands from 123Scuba
Northern Diver Xwing
Dive light
5mm Wetsuit Gloves

That about covers it. Waiting to hear about a new diveknife and the cost and shipping date of the Xwing.

Drysuit class may start sooner than I originally expected as we are having a kind of spring heatwave and the ice is coming off the rivers and lakes a bit early...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom