New to the Area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greetings Annette!

I'm Robert, JMDivers buddy here in Santa Clarita. Mark, aka SCVDiver is also a local. The local dive clubs are SC Dive Club, meets second Wednesday of the month at Maria's Deli in Newhall (Lyons at San Fernando), and Kelp Krawlers which meets at California Dive Company in Saugus.

I look forward to meeting you at either of the clubs, or drop either John or I a PM to set up a dive with us.

Cheers!!

MaxBottomtime:
You can usually find many of us hardcore beach divers anywhere from Santa Barbara to San Diego every weekend.

And many of us broke-azz beach divers as well! :D

Thanks for mentioning the dive club Robert I ment to but forgot. I guest I had a senior monment.

John

Welcome to SB. As you can see, you can quickly find folks to dive with here in SoCal.

Hopefully conditions will improve by the time of the Wrinkles dive. This is the weekend of the annual Avalon Harbor Clean-Up here on Catalina, and it was blowing this morning with whitecaps in the Channel. Seems to have died down now so hopefully we'll have a nice day tomorrow.

MaxBottomtime:
We're lucky to live where we can be poor and still enjoy some great diving.

Amen to that, Phil!

1. The dive park is not a step above a swimming pool. While it is certainly easy access, it is a world class dive spot. The dive park is at least as good as anywhere I've ever been.

2. For dive clubs, the West LA Dive Club meets the 4th Tuesday of the month (i.e. Tuesday, February 27, 2007). Right now we are at the Spitfire Grill at Santa Monica Airport. Preliminaries at 6:00, formal meeting at 7:00. However, next month we move to (I believe) the Shakey's Pizza on Washington in Marina Del Rey ... That's reasonably close to LAAFB. We'd love to see you.

3. I've got a boat and am not afraid to use it.

All I can say is that you MUST attend a wrinkles dive! I went to my first one this month and had a wonderful time!

Thanks for the warm welcome...now I just gotta get out there!!! The wrinkles dive, probably wont make it this month but maybe next...got plans already. I will see what I can do about checking out the West LA Dive Club...hopefully it works out for me the time way at least.

Cheers Annette

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom