New to Scuba Board

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sappnasty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi fishes,

I posted my original greeting on the main forum and was told it would be a good idea to post something here too seeings how I live in St. Augustine area. I do not have any friends that dive...they all made fun of me when I was getting certified. My wife and I got certified together but she seems to have lost interest in it.....we just had a baby in December so time is hard to set aside for diving. I have all of my own gear and the passion to dive till my last day on this earth....all I need is a few good friends to dive with and I'll be set. I like to dive not only to look but to find nice shells, artifacts, fossils, sharks teeth and so on. I also like to lobster and would like to get into spear fishing. I need to try and stay local because of low $$$....if anyone can help or give me good ideas of local places to dive, let me know. Thanks for reading.

Michael Sapp

Michael

Welcome to Scubaboard and congratulations on the new baby!

I am in the same position as you - I have no friends that dive. I have an 11 month old son also

Unfortunately I am on the other coast and south of you. You will find plenty of people in this part of the forum to dive with and who can offer suggestions for diving in your area

Sean

Welcome to :sblogo:!

My wife and I are both divers and we have 3 boys (1,3, and 5) - Don't worry, the diving thing will happen again for her, especially once she gets to spend some time around other diving FAMILIES like the Conch's seem to have more than a few of :)

Come join us for our 6th Annual beach bash next weeked in Venice FL!! :)

Thank you, we were actually thinking about coming down next weekend to try and find some sharks teeth. Any suggestions on nice places to stay down there?

Welcome to Scubaboard, be sure to watch the trips and market place and feel free to join any posted dives :wink:

Hey Mike,

Im up in Jacksonville and my wife is certified too. I am also looking to get started up in spearfishing. It could be a joint effort, lol.
Congrats on the new baby and welcome to scubaboard.

Mike

Hi fishes,

I posted my original greeting on the main forum and was told it would be a good idea to post something here too seeings how I live in St. Augustine area. I do not have any friends that dive...they all made fun of me when I was getting certified. My wife and I got certified together but she seems to have lost interest in it.....we just had a baby in December so time is hard to set aside for diving. I have all of my own gear and the passion to dive till my last day on this earth....all I need is a few good friends to dive with and I'll be set. I like to dive not only to look but to find nice shells, artifacts, fossils, sharks teeth and so on. I also like to lobster and would like to get into spear fishing. I need to try and stay local because of low $$$....if anyone can help or give me good ideas of local places to dive, let me know. Thanks for reading.

Michael Sapp

Hey Michael, :yelclap:
Welcome to the board! :jump013:

I'm in Daytona area feel free to pm me if you are diving the east coast or want to meet at Ginnie:lotsalove:

I'm usually available on weekdays and most Saturdays, never on Sunday. :no

I hope to dive with you soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom