--New to KAUAI--

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha! For your Lehua dive...both Fathom and Bubbles are great companies to dive with. They both specialize in smaller groups = more intimate experience and they both have instructors that are very knowledgeable about that area. I don't know if they do Lehua specifically but I don't think you'll go wrong w/either company. I can tell you that I am partial to Fathom b/c I know a lot of their instructors and have seen them in action on many occasions - always doing a great job. Ask for Anthony - he is extremely knowledgeable about the aquatic life :O).

Bubbles would probably be the only company to dive the Na'pali...do Mana Crack if they have that dive avail (depending upon conditions). If you can't do that dive and can only do just one other dive aside from Lehua/Niihau I would say go for Koloa Landing or Tunnels Beach. Koloa boasts a ton of aquatic life in a very compact area - easy dive but fun and interesting. Tunnels features the lava tubes and white tips. FYI - Tunnels is not avail. on the weekends or holidays.

Sea-nile...you'll love Tunnels for your OW dives :O) I think we might have some pictures on our website (aascuba.com) if you want a sneak preview. Have fun!

I have booked a Mana Crack dive wity Bubbles for June and I am stoked!! I booked with Bubbles so I am happy to hear them getting good reviews here!

Jason

Jason, Mana Crack is supposed to be an amazing dive...I've never done it but I have heard nothing less than rave reviews about it. Ask for Linda, the owner of Bubbles. She knows everything there is to know about aquatic life and loves to share what she knows. She's super enthusiastic so you should have much fun :O)

I did niihau and na pali with Bubbles Below last July. Had a fantastic time-- minus a sore okole from the long boat rides-- but well worth it.

Saw my first dragon moray eel at koloa landing during a shore dive. The DMs from BB told us a few places to look since they see them there with regularity. If you go, get there early for parking and to beat the crowds. At 7AM, DH and I had the site to ourselves.

Enjoy your trip!

I completed my certification by with my 4 OW dives at Tunnels last week through Dive Kauai Scuba center. I thought it was great! Diving in the tunnels was cool. We saw sharks, a turtle, a few eel and a variety of fish.
Walking to the beach with the tanks on was a little rough, but not really that bad.

Back
Top Bottom