New to diving looking for new fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have just purchased a pair of Atomic Aquatics SplitFins and absolutely love them. They are much stiffer than other splitfins but I find them smooth, effortless, and fast. I have just started frog kicking in them. I encourage those who have written off other splitfins to give these a look and most certainly a test drive. Even my specialty instructor who exclusivley frog kicks liked them; this was just after he told me that my purchase would prevent me from this kick. You feel that while floating on your back kicking to your destination on the surface you are not going anywhere but when you arrive faster then your buddy, you realize just how efficient they are. Try em' you may like em'!!! I think they are worth every penny.

Originally posted by noshow
I have just purchased a pair of Atomic Aquatics SplitFins and absolutely love them.

Try em' you may like em'!!! I think they are worth every penny.
Shoot if they are that cheap I'll buy some to hand out as door prizes....

How many can you get for a dollar?

Ice, you already have some advice to consider. Confused? Well, you should be able to pick up a set of Aqualung Blades or Mares Quattros for less than 60 bucks, including shipping. These two Italian made models are probably the best paddle fins in the world.

Watch the sizing on Mares; a "regular" is equivalent to about size 12 with boot. A medium is good for size 9-10 with boot. BTW, as a SCUBA diver, you want the open heel/strap, not foot fin.

I don't know exactly how Blades sizes run, but they look more realistic. For example, Blades equivalent to the "regular" Mares size are advertised by Aqualung as a "Giant", which is what it is.

The Cressi "frog" is a good fin but hard to find on E Bay. Not familiar with sizing.

The ancient "Jet Fin" is frequently available and still acceptable for SCUBA. A size "large" is equivalent to a Mares "medium". IOW, foot size 9-10 with 1/4" boot. There are two types; a heavy, black rubber "Jet" and a lightweight "lightning".

JUST MAKE SURE YOU TRY SOME ATOMICS BEFORE BUYING THE SCUBAPRO'S.....

If the buckle system doesn't get ya hooked, the performance will

Because there is a reason you find scubapro's for $20 and Atomics for $140

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom