new to board - AZ connection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Goldfish2

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
SB,

Any groups in AZ Phoenix area? Please pass me the info., Or point to it on SB.

Trying to get plugged in.

Thanks,

Greg :acclaim:

Check out the group Southwest Sand Sharks here in ScubaBoard.

What WillB said: local Lake Pleasant divers often post in the first couple of sticky threads. Southwest Sand Sharks

As far as organized clubs, Academy of Scuba does a monthly get together in NE Scottsdale. You literally just missed it (last night) June Diver Social and Scuba Meet and Greet | Facebook

Scuba Pros of AZ has a monthly meeting at Fuddruckers near Metrocenter. They're currently outfitting a new store in Peoria so IDK what their exact status is. Next meeting looks to be the 19th. AZ Scuba | Scuba Pros of Arizona | Call 602-314-6650

Good cold water diving is in LaJolla (San Diego) Most LDS's run trips there regularly. I did my checkout dives there decades ago. The Cove is an excellent dive area and there's Wreck Alley also - wrecks of various difficulty.

Good warm water diving is in San Carlos MX, about 6-8+ hrs.(depends on the border crossing) south - near Guaymas. There's about 4-5 dive operators, good diving about an hour ride out to San Pedro island from there - a big Seal colony, Hammerheads school in Oct, puffers, stingrays etc. It's a rock substrate so there's not a lot of coral though. It's very popular - El Mar Diving in Mesa charters a bus several times a year - people also caravan down there often. http://www.sancarlosmexico.com/diving.html

Last edited:
Mostly Pleasant but I know a few of the other members have experimented in other areas. If live in the valley, checkout our website, join the Zombie Divers and post a question on the forum:)

Back
Top Bottom