New Tank - Hydro Date?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Teamfour

Reaction score
My new Luxfer alum 80 does not have the "normal" hydro date stamp. Is the mfr date included in the codes stamped on the tank?

Teamfour:
My new Luxfer alum 80 does not have the "normal" hydro date stamp. Is the mfr date included in the codes stamped on the tank?

Yes there should be a series of numbers something like the following (numbers are made up):

DOT-3AL 3000 AS123456 M4002 01 (L) 05

. . . where 01 05 would be the manufacture date.

Night Diver:
Yes there should be a series of numbers something like the following (numbers are made up):

DOT-3AL 3000 AS123456 M4002 01 (L) 05

. . . where 01 05 would be the manufacture date.

Thanks! I found the code 05A05 so now I know the mfr date was 05/05. Since the tank is new, I assume this also serves as the hydro date. I know this may be a dumb statement. I just don't want some dive shop to tell me they have to hydro the tank because there is no hydro stamp.

Teamfour:
Thanks! I found the code 05A05 so now I know the mfr date was 05/05. Since the tank is new, I assume this also serves as the hydro date. I know this may be a dumb statement. I just don't want some dive shop to tell me they have to hydro the tank because there is no hydro stamp.

Yep that's it, I picked up a new tank today, you did better than me
mine is 04A05. This is your manufacturer hydro stamp.

the "A" in the date code is for Arrowhead, an independent hydo inspector. All cylinder manufacturers must use a third party to test their cylinders

Back
Top Bottom