New SW Peregrine announced today?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In this usage, cost is a product is what the manufacturer pays to make it, price is what customer pays to buy it.

Again, you pay for functionality.

That dude was fed a line of bs. If that was the case then the perdix AI would cost so much more than the perdix. It ended up being like $40 or $50 more, which you know it didn't cost them that to actually do it.

Idc either, I have zero interest in a pergrine.
I owned one, the rechargeable battery bothered me, yes, I did know that at time of purchase but got blinded by new toy syndrome. I sold it.

The Perigrine is for me nearly perfect. True I would take a compass but I do not want AI at all. I am fine with my spg forever. I am also fine with my compass. I like the bright and easy to read display, gas mixes are easy to set, even my wife can operate hers. For the bulk of divers it is nearly perfect. Will run a week of (heavy) diving on a single charge and is lower profile than most large display computers. Maybe some day they might offer a "tough" version and add in the compass. The strap needs to be neoprene as the silicone strap will tear out easily. I use bungee on ours.

Back
Top Bottom