Question for Peregrine owners

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From the Peregrine users manual:

Battery Care
Lithium-ion batteries, such as the one in the Peregrine, can be damaged if completely discharged. The Peregrine has internal protection which disconnects the battery before complete discharge occurs. However, a small amount of self-discharge still occurs, which can lead to complete discharge and subsequent battery damage if stored for long periods without recharging.

To prevent damage to the battery please do the following:
1) Charge the Peregrine to 100% prior to storage
2) Top up the Peregrine battery every 3 months

Hope that helps with the question regarding charging between uses.

Erik

we have 2 and they've been completely flawless. Great computers, and we love supporting a Canadian company.

It was either on a post on scuba board or in one of the shearwater fb groups. I read it when doing research several days ago.
You may be confusing the Teric and its battery problems with the Peregrine.

If you can swing it, my recomendation of the Perdix stands.

Buying a computer that I enjoy workin with, has been the greatest gear decision yet. I went with the Terric, so I could simply wear it, during travel. No worries of theft from luggage.

Sometimes you have to pay up to get what you really want. I didnt want to spend $1300 either.

I just bought a Peregrine, it is excellent, with great visibility of the screen, the navigation through the menus is user friendly.

I love my peregrines, had one for almost 2 years and the other about a year. Never had an issue with battery life, still lasting 50+ dives over a few months between charges. Can't help with the discharge over time part, I am in the water usually 2-3 times per month year around. Can't recommend the peregrine enough, unless you want to splurge on the more expensive perdix for the removable battery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom