New SSI Advanced/Deep Nitrox Syllabus approved

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarhead

Contributor
Reaction score
Congratulations Rick Murchison! He authored and submitted the syllabus earlier this year.

He also submitted some of the pictures used in the new SSI Open Water Handbook.

An all-around well done, Rick!

(I always like to the "locals folks" do well).

Jarhead

Great Job

What does it cover -more specifics

When will be ready for districution.

Thanks also for the photos the new manual is outstanding.

Right now it's in "Individual Specialty" status. First class will be at our Montgomery shop in January.
I'm working on the text that I hope will eventually become a "regular" SSI specialty course.
Course includes best mix dives in the 130' and less range, an intro to deco procedures, redundancy concepts, Hogarthian rigging, lots of "mid-water" stuff requiring solid buoyancy control, lots of physics and physiology, emergency procedures and thinking under stress... 12 hours of classroom, two pool and four OW dives.
-------------------
Getting the photo credits in the new OW manual was a complete (but gratifying) surprise. I really like the new manual... as with any first printing there are a few typos that've slipped through, but I think we're going to really enjoy teaching with it.
Rick

Rick Murchison once bubbled...
Course includes best mix dives in the 130' and less range, an intro to deco procedures, redundancy concepts, Hogarthian rigging, lots of "mid-water" stuff requiring solid buoyancy control, lots of physics and physiology, emergency procedures and thinking under stress... 12 hours of classroom, two pool and four OW dives.
Rick

Sounds like a nice class Rick. For my own benefit, and not being familiar with SSI's courses, is this set to lead into a trimix level class, or does SSI go that far? Also, if you could, how much will the class be?

Phil

SSI has not yet ventured beyond the recreational arena. Indeed, this course is a bit of an "envelope stretcher."
Somebody had to do it.
Price? Honestly I haven't decided yet. The shop will have a lot to say about that - we've been talking and figuring but haven't come up with a solid number yet... (yeah, I know that's waffling, but it's all I can say right now)
Rick :)

Back
Top Bottom