New split fin straps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dsstandiford

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I think I've finally arrived. As of yesterday my wife got me a pair of scubapro twin jets for my BD. I've been diving the original aqua lung blades since 2000. I'm really excited about the new splits I have to admit. I can't bring myself to get rid of my blades but the amount of leg fatigue from peddling these damn things was getting ridiculous.

Things I've noticed about the scubapro splits.... they are lighter (slightly positive), more flexible, softer foot pocket, and easier on the legs. The power generated from my blades were impressive though. But considering I'm getting ready to be doing some drifting this July in West Palm Beach I'm not too concerned about thrust.

My one complaint about these scubapro fins are the straps. The foot pocket BTW is huge and I wear a size 11 - 12 shoe. I wear a medium fin with thin boots or fin socks on. Anyway, I've heard some people say the spring straps are really nice for the scubapro fins. Do they make taking these things on and off easier? The scubapro buckle is a piece of crap. They designed the swivel strap buckle with a short locking mechanism. So it's difficult at times to line up the clip with the lock. Do the spring straps resolve this issue? Can anyone point me in the direction of some discounted or cheap spring straps?

Thanks everyone!!!

You want to replace the straps & buckles. Don't get springs that attach to the buckles. The same springs that fit regular jets fit twin jets once you remove the buckles.

I have these on my regular Jets and they rock. About $20 cheaper than the SP version as well.

XS Scuba Fin Spring Straps

The spring straps are mandatory. Once you use them, you will never have regular straps again. Yes, they are more comfortable and easier to take on and off..... I have twin jets, my hubby does, my kids even have them.
On the other hand, I just got a pair of force fins, and I know how hard it is to give up your comfort zone. Now I use both. I love the force fins, but you can't go wrong with your twin jets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom