New SP Jet Fin called Jet Fin REVO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pitio

Registered
Reaction score
I searched about this new fins at this forum, but I did not find much, so I am posting it.
I apologize if this was already discussed.

I just happened to see the Scubapro Japanese website. I saw the new Jet Fin called Revo. They have the same concept as the original Jet Fins and look like them too, but they seemed to improve numerous things that previously discussed.

* Newly designed foot pocket
* New Rubber Material
* and more….

The site says “After 40 years, Jet Fin is Finally Reengineered in 2005”
Sorry if my translation is not exact, but it is stated some thing like that.

Here is the link
http://www.scubapro.co.jp/products/fins/01.html

I am just wondering if these fins come to US.
The price is around $220. I just saw one online shop in Japan sells the fins for $180.
Does anybody know more about the New Jet Fins?

I don't know about the new fin... but I do know that Scubapro doesn't support online sales... Meaning, they don't warranty purchases online... They only warranty purchases from authorized LDS'

You are correct. SP will not allow anyone to sell thier product online as far as I know in the US.
It is just that this is a small online shop in Japan, it may be OK to sell stuff online in Japan. I have seen many japanese sites sell SP products online.

Here is the link

http://store.yahoo.co.jp/happydive/sa5d7a5eda36.html

Instead of revising them, why not just make additional sizes of the original Jetfins, since that seems to be the only problem.

Case in point. I'm ordering a pair of XL Jets. When they get in, I'll have to try them with several different types of size 10 wetboots until I get the best combination of fit to my foot and fit to the fins. Finally, I should be able at that point to figure out what size springstraps to buy. :rolleyes: Rinse and repeat when I get a drysuit...

The Revo's also seem to have drain holes in the toes that I wouldn't care for if I was shore diving.

StSomewhere:
Instead of revising them, why not just make additional sizes of the original Jetfins, since that seems to be the only problem.

Case in point. I'm ordering a pair of XL Jets. When they get in, I'll have to try them with several different types of size 10 wetboots until I get the best combination of fit to my foot and fit to the fins. Finally, I should be able at that point to figure out what size springstraps to buy. :rolleyes: Rinse and repeat when I get a drysuit...

The Revo's also seem to have drain holes in the toes that I wouldn't care for if I was shore diving.

I agree. I am size 9 and have XL Jets. my 7mm boots do not fit XL, so I had to get flatter sole in 5mm to get into it. As I read the threads about jets here, many divers would love to have (XL + XXL) / 2 size..... I am one of them. I was wondering if Revo would solve the issue.

Pez de Diablo:
Wow they have also revised the price - $220 :O

you know what acutually the retail price of Revo is around $230~$250
This is Yen.... , so ...
Retail Price for the original Jets in japan is around $200.

Origial Jets
$100 (US) / $200 (JP)

, so I gues the Revo would be around $115 ~ $120 in USA when they were here?
I am not sure.... just a guess...

In Japan, they seem to have different kind of price schame...

I agree that it would make more sense to come out with another size inbetween the XL & XXL as so many of us are in that size range. The XL size seems to cover light weight boots up to size 10 and XXL doesn't start until very thick soled size 13 boots (and even then they are a bit loose) that's a 3-4 size gap in the fin sizes... and a very common range of sizes too.

I'd also like to try a pair that has an extended foot bed as so many divers seem to need a boot with a solid foot bed to keep their feet from cramping up. Sort of like the new rockets...

Aloha, Tim

pitio:
You are correct. SP will not allow anyone to sell thier product online as far as I know in the US.
It is just that this is a small online shop in Japan, it may be OK to sell stuff online in Japan. I have seen many japanese sites sell SP products online.

Here is the link

http://store.yahoo.co.jp/happydive/sa5d7a5eda36.html

It's gotta be US only

Just bought my traditional ones online at
www.tech.gear.dk (Denmark)
You can get them in germany as well and Amazon's got them too but are out of xls.
Hvan't checked on Britain but saw some pointers in some English type of scubaboard (they don't censor themselves, I tellya)

They are all over the net but prices vary extremely. THe japanese fin looks cool, but you gotta wonder about the material components (I found the ad just a tad difficult to decipher).

Can't wait to get in the water though

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom