New SP Jet Fin called Jet Fin REVO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

camshaft:
Anyone else think of the ferrari enzo when they see the blade of that fin? It does seem like a cool fin though.

That's where I've seen that thing before! In my garage.... yeah right!

WD

huh! I stoped by my LDS to see if they had any jets I could try on (size 16 shoe) and he said that they received a note from SP stating that the jet fins have been discontinued. Supposedly he tried to buy a pair of XL for himself before they ran out of stock but they were already sold out... Sounds like a load of BS to me but has anyone else heard anything?

Really,,,, It doesn't make sense because it is still preferred by many divers in the world.... I don't have the exact data for their market share though. It isn't easy to have this kind of best selling product in the manufacture company.

David P:
huh! I stoped by my LDS to see if they had any jets I could try on (size 16 shoe) and he said that they received a note from SP stating that the jet fins have been discontinued. Supposedly he tried to buy a pair of XL for himself before they ran out of stock but they were already sold out... Sounds like a load of BS to me but has anyone else heard anything?

David P:

He is mistaken. The 2006 pricelist still has the good old jets listed. Why would they discontinue a popular item?

David P:
Did said LDS have some shiny new splits on the wall for you?

Scuba Cowboy:
He is mistaken. The 2006 pricelist still has the good old jets listed. Why would they discontinue a popular item?
I got a chance to see the dealer's 2006 SP Catalog (and price list, it was an "enlightening" experience!) and the Jets are still in there. I know they aren't discontinued b/c they are ordering me a set of XL's. Full price, too (not that I'm keeping score or retaining that for future reference or anything :rolleyes:).

wunat:
Interesting. Could you give some examples? Thanks a ton!

Like any manufacturing process, once in a while a bad one will get through, no matter how strict the quality control. But it was replaced no questions asked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom