New Song: "(You're) Not Mine"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish_Whisperer

Contributor
Reaction score
In a car underwater with time to kill....
# of dives
50 - 99
Piano, drums, bass, vocals, and strings. Written and recorded this morning, mixing finished this evening.

Not Mine

So many memories come softly to me now
Your eyes your smile your lips and hair
You leave me spinning round
Gaze at the stars and wonder where you are tonight
Lie awake with my regret and hold my pillow tight

You're not mine
No you're not mine, not mine
Anymore

Tumbling autumn leaves pile high against my door
Photographs of you and I just scattered on the floor
Stay in bed for days on end and sleep away the pain
But every time I close my eyes I dream of you again

Oh listen to the falling rain
And think of what a fool I've been
Ponder all the reasons why
Misunderstandings and stupid pride
There's no way we can talk about it
But I just can't forget about it
Baby you're not mine, not mine, not mine
Anymore

So many nights we spent laughing in your room
A wonderful euphoric dream that ended all too soon
Go walking on the stony beach and gaze out at the sea
I'd turn my back on everything to have you here with me
But you're not mine
No you're not mine
Not mine not mine
Anymore

Ain't nothing bout trains, trucks, gettin drunk, or mama. Or huntin her down and dragging her back to keep her chained up in a little room in the basement until she learns the error of her choice. Otherwise it's pretty good if ya like that type of thing. I'm more into the classics though. David Allan Coe, Hank Sr, Roy Acuff, Marty Robbins, Conway, Nazareth, AC/DC, George Thoroughgood, and I just discovered an Irish Vocal Group called Celtic Woman. They are hot and have voices that make angels blush with envy.

Some of us work for a living and the comments are slow but sure. You continue to slay me with your great music. Was gonna ask you if I can use some of your stuff in my slide presentations.

I especially like this one!

Wow... Not a single comment. Back to the drawing board, I guess.

I love it. Brings back memories of a place where I have been and how hopeless it all felt then. Also makes me that much more grateful for the woman I have now and that time will heal almost all. Good music, magnificent lyrics. Thanks.

Fish ...good work as usual

On a lighter side ...as to the content ... was feeling that way back in college after a breakup...a very wise friend nicknamed pinhead told me in a drunken stupor ...which I to this day take as gospel... "Skull do you know what old girlfriends are?" ..No, I replied ... pinhead then concludes with..."Old" ...Work that into the lyrics ...

i missed this one

nice work ... it's got a very pre-Brit Pop (i.e. 1980's) feel to it ... sort of Pre-Fab Sprout meets Spandau Ballet

dig it, man

Back
Top Bottom