New Site is very Sliggish and Keeps making my computer Freeze

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a22shady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have been on SB for a while now and have not had any issue's until recently but the new site seems to be using a lot of resource's and is very Sliggish and keeps making my computer freeze. Its only SB. I go on many different sites and no issue's but when ever on SB it does it. it apperas that the pages are constantly loading which is causing the issue's. I was using IE explorer 8 and have updated to 9 and still having the same issue's

When you say "new site" are you talking since Last May? Since Last week? What exactly are you complaining about? What plugins do you have installed on your internet explorer 9?

Currently, page loads are at an all time fastest, with average page loads in less than 3 seconds. So check this... and post your addons.

How to manage add-ons in Internet Explorer 9

Web browser add-ons supplement Windows Internet Explorer 9 with extra features, such as toolbars and ActiveX controls.
Several add-ons are preinstalled in Internet Explorer, but many come from the Internet. Add-ons usually require that you give your permission before they're installed on your computer. However, some might be installed without your knowledge. This can happen if the add-on was part of another program that you installed.
To see the add-ons installed in Internet Explorer 9
  • Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
    . In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
  • Click the Tools button
    448ef968-d58a-43a2-b0cc-f396f4024f2c_14.jpg
    , and then click Manage add-ons.
  • Under Add-on Types, click Toolbars and Extensions.
  • Under Show, you can select one of the following views of your add-ons:
    • To display a complete list of the add-ons on your computer, click All add-ons.
    • To display only those add-ons that were needed for the current webpage or a recently viewed webpage, click Currently loaded add-ons.
    • To display add-ons that were preapproved by Microsoft, your computer manufacturer, or a service provider, click Run without permission.
  • When you're finished, click Close.

That's strange -- my husband commented this morning that, since the new servers went on line, SB seems to be loading MUCH faster and more smoothly than before, and I had made the same observation myself.

As far as toolbars and add-ons and such there junk and I dont use any or only what has to be used. I like to keep my computer streamlines and running fast as I do a lot of work with it. Sorry for "New" I know you guy's have been doing some updating as of recently but as of this whole week. The site has been very sluggish from my end and would keep causing my Computer to freeze. It would show the loading circle at the tab and it wouldnt stop. not sure if maybe it was a timing thing where a lot of users were on. But i have been on this board for about 2 years and visit quite frequently never had any issue's till this week and it's only this site. I only updated my IE Explorer cause I thought maybe it was a conflict somewhere in the coding and the new update might fix it but as of early it had not.

However I was able to ge this page to load up without any issue's so maybe it was one of those things.

So you don't want support? I can move this to feedback then?

I have playing aroud on the board last 20mins or so and everything seems to be back to normal. Maybe it was one of those things...

So yes it seems to be fixed I guess

Sorry to jump on this thread so late, but I could not get to it from work today when I saw it.

The so cal forum seemed to work OK when I was at work today, but when I went to view all new posts things went bad and almost killed my work machine. It run internet explorer 8 I think and as soon as the new threads started loading I could watch the memory used by IE going up by the second.

The memory would start off around 20k or so and after trying to load the new threads page it would climb to 200,000 - 300,000K and just keep going until I killed IE in the task manager. The computer is pretty well locked down at work so I am not sure what was going on. I did keep seeing waiting for googleads and doubleclick off and on as the page was trying to load.

There's a basic incompatibility with IE8 and the version of .vBulletin that we're running. I don't think there's a fix coming from the developer either.

One solution is to upgrade to IE9, Firefox or Chrome. There's a thread in this forum about Opera working well also.

"SPG"

That was the same issue I was having. The page continued as it was loading only size's soared up to 700+ quickly and had to do same close it through task manager. I did upgrade the browser to see if that helped but problem continued. I then went through my computer to see if anything out of ordinary was running and there was nothing. After that I did a restart of the computer and problem still continued however after couple hours went by I attempted to get back on and no longer having the issue

There's a basic incompatibility with IE8 and the version of .vBulletin that we're running. I don't think there's a fix coming from the developer either.

One solution is to upgrade to IE9, Firefox or Chrome. There's a thread in this forum about Opera working well also.

I am running the latest version of Firefox and have been having a significant issue with SB hanging up.. I went in and did some config diving and it happens less now...
There is, on Firefox, some info about which of the config lines to change.. one is to have the script run longer than 10 seconds and another line is about how many connections to make.. I changed the scripts from 10 sec to 25, then later went back in and changed frfom 256 connections to 30 or something I cannot exactly remember.. and then I finally, in desperation, used an add-on that stops scripts on whatever website you add to the list.. right now its FB and SB that seem to be the problem children.. of course I also am on both the most.. we shall see.. I don't necessarily see it as a SB problem so much as the browsers.. I refuse to run IE on my computer..

Back
Top Bottom