New Shearwater firmware for all computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It shouldn't be an issue with a Galaxy S20. Good that you got it to work. Sometimes, it is as simple as rebooting the phone and trying again.
I was going to try that, but the PC worked so I got lazy and took the easy way out. :p

Using Windows, SW dongle drivers won't load, so using built in bluetooth. Laptop scans but can't find the devices.
I will try a different dongle tonight, I have a few of them.

I primarily use the app on my samsung galaxy 9+. No problems linking or downloading dives.
Firmware update starts, goes for about a minute then times out. The one time it looked like it was going to finish, it got to about one minute remaining then failed. On the Perdix it said "Rx buffer overflow".
Is there a way to do incremental updates? I think I may be jumping through too many versions at once.

Using Windows, SW dongle drivers won't load, so using built in bluetooth. Laptop scans but can't find the devices.
I will try a different dongle tonight, I have a few of them.

I primarily use the app on my samsung galaxy 9+. No problems linking or downloading dives.
Firmware update starts, goes for about a minute then times out. The one time it looked like it was going to finish, it got to about one minute remaining then failed. On the Perdix it said "Rx buffer overflow".
Is there a way to do incremental updates? I think I may be jumping through too many versions at once.

When you say "the laptop scans", do you mean the Shearwater Cloud app scans? Or you are using some Control Panel applet to scan? If it's the latter, don't. Just run the Cloud and add your device there. It will scan and detect the dive computer. If the Cloud app scans and can't find the dive computer, then I guess trying a different BT dongle is the next step.

For the record, depending on what SW computer you're connecting to, your BT has to support BT LE (Low Energy). If your laptop BT doesn't support that, then you're not going to connect (for example, to a Teric or a Perdix AI, I think).

I don't think the number of versions you're jumping would make any difference.

Tried my other laptop again, no dongle. Finally linked and updated firmware. Kind of frustrating that it keeps failing when trying to update from my phone, but I'm glad if finally worked. Thank you everyone for the help.

So on to more interesting questions...
What data are you guys displaying on your main screen now?
How much is too much?
Like many of you, I run two computers. My back up on OC is my Teric. What data are you setting up on your backup vs main screen?
Cheers!

How much is too much?
Like many of you, I run two computers. My back up on OC is my Teric. What data are you setting up on your backup vs main screen?
Cheers!

I’m leaving mine the same. Posted a photo earlier in the thread.

How much is too much?
Cheers!
I've just started my AN/Dp course so I've put basically everything on the main screen. My plan is to see what I actually use and when I know that I'll trim down the amount of info on my screen

Updated the firmware, and now my Perdix will not link to my PC's. It linked to my Android, but tried two different PC's and nada. It will pair with the PC's (shows in the bluetooth device list) but not connect to the cloud app. I alerted tech support.

Updated the firmware, and now my Perdix will not link to my PC's. It linked to my Android, but tried two different PC's and nada. It will pair with the PC's (shows in the bluetooth device list) but not connect to the cloud app. I alerted tech support.

I'm in the same boat, but I wasn't able to try on a different PC yet. Updated through Android, can't connect to PC. Tried 2 different adapters.

Back
Top Bottom