New Regulator Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

why do they need time? ODS has already proved they can play with the big boys courtesy of Hollis, Dive Rite, and Hog. It is surprisingly rare to see Apeks regs down in cave country these days, Scubapro even less often due to the parts kits situation. Deep6 from ODS is no diferent than Zeagle just releasing the F8 or any other regulator mfg releasing a new model.

Apeks is the name unfortunately it gets really expensive over last few yrs, and the difficulty of getting the spare parts/service kits does not help either.
Only time will tell if Deep 6 can live up to the challenge.

Since they're ODS-made and Deep6 is owned by the guy that developed Hog, they've certainly got a bit of history on their side already. I've dove the Deep6 regs and they're very high quality.

Thanks Bob, Steve, and Tbone! Appreciate all the good detailed info and opinions here, will definitely take that into consideration.

about a year ago I did and never heard back. Same with the company that is OEM'ing the Hog morph lights, but assumed it was due to lack of minimum order quantity or something similar. They haven't updated their since it looks like since 2010, so figured they were only doing B2B for the US market

about a year ago I did and never heard back. Same with the company that is OEM'ing the Hog morph lights, but assumed it was due to lack of minimum order quantity or something similar. They haven't updated their since it looks like since 2010, so figured they were only doing B2B for the US market
I will try from HK.

biggest thing to find out which I'll probably do when I get the Deep6 regs is to figure out if the parts kits measure up. As long as the diaphragms are the same OD and comparable thickness, and the HP seats are the same dimension, which I would have a real hard time believing they are different, the O-rings can be overcome and at that point it's which block of metal do you like better on the first stage side. I won't be getting any second stages, so someone will have to verify the seats on there are the same

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom