Question New Ratio ix3m2 dive computer, user reviews?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I'm thinking of going with the new Ratio ix3m2 dive computer for being able to see the display better in low vis water. Have any of you have used this new dive computer and what do you think of it so far?

I have a Mares Quad Air now and want something I can see better underwater. A Perdix 2 is a little too much $$ for me at the moment.
Thanks!

What about a Perdix AI? @Charlene Barker who owns a Canadian dive shop, had gotten a bunch of Perdix AI in just before the 2 was announced, and she was selling them for a good price.

Hi,
I'm thinking of going with the new Ratio ix3m2 dive computer for being able to see the display better in low vis water. Have any of you have used this new dive computer and what do you think of it so far?

I have a Mares Quad Air now and want something I can see better underwater. A Perdix 2 is a little too much $$ for me at the moment.
Thanks!
Message BoltSnap on here. He is a great wealth of information on Ratio Computers and was very helpful when I was researching computers.

Hi,

Thanks!

I'll get in touch with you tomorrow. It is past midnight here and ready to go to bed now. Diving tomorrow morning if conditions are good 🙂

Thanks for the info. Probably would hold off getting a Perdix but would be a Perdix 2 if I went that route.
I could be mistaken, but to my knowledge, correct me if I am wrong, but the Perdix 2 compared to the Perdix Ai is just the front screen holding plate, a small firmware upgrade and a vibrating mode. I am not sure that those are worth $500 CAN more for those options. I am selling the Perdix Ai new for $999 CAN (roughly $775 US) plus shipping.

If you're not going tech diving any time soon, I can recommend the Suunto EON Core. Great color screen in poor visibility. And much cheaper than the Ratio or Shearwater computers, at least here in Europe.

If you're not going tech diving any time soon, I can recommend the Suunto EON Core. Great color screen in poor visibility. And much cheaper than the Ratio or Shearwater computers, at least here in Europe.
I went ahead an bought the Sherwater Perdix 2 w/tansmitter last month. My local dive shop had a sale going on. I haven't dove it yet, but love the screen visiblity! It should serve me well for alot of future dives.

Happy New Year!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom