NEW!!! PST LP 80 Need opinion!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubahorse

Reaction score
LP-80
Lower fill pressure: 2640 psi (at 10% overfill) 80.6cf
Two inches shorter than aluminum 80 cf cylinders: 24 inches
Negatively buoyant when empty: -1lb
Full Buoyancy:-7lb
weight: 34.4lb

E-7 100 $320
LP-80 $200

How do you think? Should I keep seeking for E-7 100? Thanks!

depends of if you can get good fills

a LP80 becomes a 100 at 3300 psi if one were so inclined to fill them to that pressure.

also if you get a crappy fill on your E7 its not gonna be a 100 anymore. If they fill it hot and it cools to 3000 you only gonna get about 87 cuft. Plus some shops and most small compressors cant even that high even if they wanted to.

Just a thought

kurt

Go with the LP 80. I have both and wish I had more of the LP 80's. They are less money.

That is unless you do not feel comfortable over filling them. Then you need to go with the E7 100's

I have 4 E-7 100s and I'm very happy with them. Since they are already rated for 3440 PSI I don't have to try and get a + test for over fills when it 's time for a hydro. Even at 3000 PSI it's 10 ft3 more than an aluminum 80 (which is actually only 77 ft3). I dropped 6 lbs from my weight belt.

They are both good tanks. I personally have a E7-100 and will be buying a second one in the near future.

The problem with the LP80 is trying to retain the "+ rating" when the 5 year hydro is due. Without the "+ rating" you lose that extra bit of air. So you will have to see what your tank holds at 2400psi without the 2640psi "+ rating".

Right now the only problem is the valve. The LP 80 tanks come with yoke vale unlike those E tanks.

scubahorse:
Right now the only problem is the valve. The LP 80 tanks come with yoke vale unlike those E tanks.
I have 10ea LP80s on my boat and 4 of them came with the 200bar yoke/din valve. For what I use them for (Charter Tanks) they are great. We always fill our tanks to 2800psi with our on board compressor. Once cooled we get 2600+/-psi. If I am using the tank I will fill it to 3000psi to add some bottom time. Great tanks! JMO. :crafty:

Both E-7 and E-8 tanks have the valve can be used as yoke or DIN. I am going to look for a LP 80 tank with a vale like that. Tanks!

You can buy the valve separately - I believe it's Sherwood that makes them. I saw one not too long ago for only $80 Canadian.....

I own a LP80 and l;ove it to death. Around here they're very scarce - as I found out when I wanted to find another one to pair up for a set of doubles!

(Pssst.. wanna send the tank to me? :eyebrow: :rofl:)

Back
Top Bottom