NEW!!! PST LP 80 Need opinion!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FreeFloat:
You can buy the valve separately - I believe it's Sherwood that makes them. I saw one not too long ago for only $80 Canadian.....

I own a LP80 and l;ove it to death. Around here they're very scarce - as I found out when I wanted to find another one to pair up for a set of doubles!

(Pssst.. wanna send the tank to me? :eyebrow: :rofl:)

seriously?

Another advantage to the LP 80 - you can get a new one now, instead of waiting 'til next year for E7s

tedwhiteva:
Another advantage to the LP 80 - you can get a new one now, instead of waiting 'til next year for E7s
How's that? The LP80s are harder to find in stock than the E7s...........especially as the LPs are no longer produced, while the E7s are merely 'delayed'.

If you can afford it I would get the LP 80 now and the E7 when it comes in. I currently use an LP 80 and love it. Only switching to the 100 for more bottom time.

scubahorse:
PST still make LP tanks. The LP80 and a smaller one. The LP80 tank I saw was made 08/04.
I could be wrong, but I heard that after 08/04 PST switched to the E series tanks and 'retired' the LP series. They still have low pressure tanks but not the "SportAire" I think they were called.

From the new PST updated web site http://www.pstscuba.com/products.htm bottom of page

"PST-Scuba Cylinders: Low & Mid Pressure Models
By popular demand, the following low-pressure and mid-pressure cylinders remain in production and are still available today:

LP-45
Designed for use as supplemental gas supply
Good pony bottle or stage cylinder
Double with a manifold to make a low profile system with total capacity 90 cf
Service pressure 2640 psi (at 10% overfill)
Complete with standard k-valve
Rated for 10% plus fill

LP-80
Lower fill pressure: 2640 psi (at 10% overfill)
Two inches shorter than aluminum 80 cf cylinders
Negatively buoyant when empty
Complete with k-valve & self-draining boot
Rated for 10% plus fill"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom