LP85 with wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dont get the "don't connect 2 inflators"

When I dive dry I connect a single inflator and my drysuit inflator. That's 2 inflators connected. When I dive wet I connect both inflators on a dual bladder wing. My inflators and drysuit use the same fittings so it keeps things simple for me. My first stay rigged the same for diving wet or dry.

It may be full of wrong, but it works for me.

When I dive wet I connect both inflators on a dual bladder wing.

It is said that if one of your power inflators begins to free flow, you won’t be able to figure out which one it is and so will rocket to the surface.

I used them for years with 7+7 mm semi dry and no wing. Slightly buoyant on the surface full and negative after 10 feet. Neutral at 20 feet when 2/3 empty.

I dont get the "don't connect 2 inflators"

When I dive dry I connect a single inflator and my drysuit inflator. That's 2 inflators connected. When I dive wet I connect both inflators on a dual bladder wing. My inflators and drysuit use the same fittings so it keeps things simple for me. My first stay rigged the same for diving wet or dry.

It may be full of wrong, but it works for me.

1. It's pretty easy to tell the difference between your drysuit inflator running away (it's right on your chest!) and a wing. Telling the difference between a wing inflator on your right side versus your left will be more difficult.

2. Managing a stuck inflator on your wing is pretty easy IF you are running the inflator from the right post to the inflator on your left side on a set of doubles. Go head down a little, use your left hand to pull the dump valve on the bottom left side of your wing, use your right hand to shut down your right post. This is an incredibly important skill when diving with physiological overheads (decompression obligations) -- people have died from run-away inflators that they couldn't manage.

3. Managing a stuck inflator on your drysuit isn't that difficult either. Worse case scenario, burp the neck seal.

4. The most common excuse I've heard people give for why they want to connect the power inflator on both wings is so they can have proper buoyancy control when diving in the event they lose a wing. This comes back to two basic skills: diving a balanced rig and knowing how to manually/orally inflate a wing. Seriously, this is tech diving, if you can't manage orally inflating a wing.. And diving a balanced rig is a pretty good idea too, I lost the use of an inflator on a dive during a trimix class a few months ago, never skipped a beat.

69284348_10217286097777743_7629052216342478848_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom