New places to dive on 4th trip to Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjjj111

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been to PG, Moalboal, Davao, Apo Island. I am planning on going to Alona Beach on Bohol this time.

Any other super places to visit?

I went to Sogod Bay during my second PI trip, loved it, and will definitely go back.

I never read anything bad about Anilao but I haven't been there yet to confirm. :wink:

If you state what you're interested in... macro photography, pelagics, wrecks, etc.... I'm sure you'll get more specific replies back.

4th time. Good for you. Bohol is cool, try Balicasag Island. I go to Anilao every year, you might consider that. I am guessing your avatar picture is taken at the point bar in small la laguna/sabang.

Bohol is good enough to justify a trip or more.
Other places: Anilao, Apo Reef, Camiguin, Camotes Island, Coron(wreck), Dumaguette, General Santos, Malapascua, San Fernado(La Union), Siquijor, Southern Leyte, Subic Bay and Tubataha(liveaboard, the best)...etc etc

yes, my avatar is at the point bar in sabang. i have been to sabang twice. i have not tried Anilao before. i heard there was small stuff at Anilao only? is that correct?

I am thinking of going to pandan island to then go to Apo reef. is there are better place to stay than at pandan island to then go to Apo reef for diving?

I have never hear any thing about Camiguin? what is there to see?

i usually like to see big stuff, schools of fish, turtles, eels, sharks if i can......

camiguin has nice diving my favourite dive sites were old volcano, jidbud reef, black forest, and the canyons.
nomally only a few divers guides were excellent spotters the diving was all macro. topside camiguin has lovely
waterfalls, hot and cold springs great hiking and cycling. the people are great also . nitelife is lowkey dinner and
a few beers

You could go to Sipalay, there are +40 dive sites, with a good variety such as wrecks, deep dives, shallow dives, coral gardens, canyons, wall dives, day trips and over nights trips to Siquijor, Moalboal and other close by dive destinations and it is not particularly crowed or pricy, we are going there next week, that’s our second visit.

i will have about 18 days total.

I was planning about 1 week in Moalboal (been there twice already), 1 week on Alona Beach, Bohol ( 1st time diving there) and maybe Apo reef and stay at Apo Reef Club, this hotel looks like it is easier to get to and from than pandan island, but i am very open to other suggestions, like Sogod maybe?

Malapascua should be on your list. Anilao (macro/reefs), Coron (wrecks) and Subic Bay (wrecks).

Subic is easy to factor into your plans, as you can catch a 3 hour bus direct from Manila. If Manila is your entry/exit point to the Philippines, then its simple to plan an exursion there at the front or back end of your trip. Early bus means you can travel and dive the same day. Allow 2-3 days to see the best of the wrecks available.

Malapascua is a car/ferry trip from Cebu... which is also a hub for many of the other locations mentioned. You can ferry from Cebu to Bohol, or vice versa.

Anilao is accessable direct from Manila. It's easiest (but most expensive) to get your chosen resort to do a pick-up by private car. It takes about 2 hours from Manila to Anilao.

Back
Top Bottom