NEW PARKING LAWS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does this change at night? Motos allowed on Melgar after some hour? I see them towing motos but it was a daytime photo - I parked on Melgar in front of Thirsty Cougar and wondered...............

The whole pinche thing makes zero sense - why the outrage against motos, 75% of the population only has a moto and parking is limited everywhere....
There are a whole lot of things that are unclear in their communique. Whether or not motos are allowed after 5PM at the white curbs on the store side of the Malecon is just one of the many things they did not address. You might keep in mind, the reason they gave for making these changes was not to ease the parking problems, it was to make the Malecon look prettier. "Recuperate the beauty of our Malecon" was the tagline they used. Presumably, fewer motos and cars parked on it makes it prettier.

There are a whole lot of things that are unclear in their communique. Whether or not motos are allowed after 5PM at the white curbs on the store side of the Malecon is just one of the many things they did not address. You might keep in mind, the reason they gave for making these changes was not to ease the parking problems, it was to make the Malecon look prettier. "Recuperate the beauty of our Malecon" was the tagline they used. Presumably, fewer motos and cars parked on it makes it prettier.

Then we should go back to the no parking at all during the day - I personally like that. If you look at the cars on Melgar during the day, I'd think more than half of them aren't people down there shopping.

Parking and this island is the most disfunctionl thing I have ever seen anywhere - Cozumel Palace has parking spots but chooses to park rental cars sideways in those spots....... They need a course in common sense in all years of schooling is what they need - lo siento, I said it.......

It's amazing how we are discussing the rules, yet these half wit cab drivers in Cozumel were directing me where to park..... facing southbound along the malecon

Have talked about the new rules with several locals and they know nothing about the newest rules. Sounds like the city has done a particularly crappy job in informing the public.

Then we should go back to the no parking at all during the day - I personally like that. If you look at the cars on Melgar during the day, I'd think more than half of them aren't people down there shopping.
Yeah, the street and the oceanfront would look nice, but it'd discourage business. The cars that are there are either workers or shoppers.
Parking and this island is the most disfunctionl thing I have ever seen anywhere
Cars are indeed a major challenge in any city that allows them. A very few don't, but most do, and they take up more room than the people served whether parked or moving. Really nice buildings are often demolished to create parking lots. They're necessary tho, as they are safer than motorbikes, carry more & faster than bicycles and pedestrians, and take up less room than buckboards and covered wagons. Mass transit would be better, a great bus system, but the taxi union wouldn't allow that, and tourists who rent cards won't park them and ride buses. The governing body has to make tough decisions regardless of how much it'll piss off in-laws and closer relatives, but their record doesn't support that hope.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom