New Oxycheq Mach V!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*:
Looks good. I like the fact that the power inflator has been changed from the previous design (or the design on my gf's razor at least) whereby the inflator button faced the other way. Stephen, if you get a chance could you also post pics of the inner bladder as well and a pic of how the wing looks in water with some gas inside when you are horizontal. i.e. how does it wrap around the tank?

Personally, I like to old design --- less turn to inflate manually and it is easier to hit the manual on the other side if you had to use that to breathe out of. New one looks prettier.

Best regards,

Patrick
---
OxyCheq
http://oxycheq.com

SeanQ:
That looks really cool Patrick. I'd like to get my hands on one but I already have a 45 SS.

I like the inflator too. I might have to replace my old one soon. Does anyone know where to get them?

I have a bunch of those inflators on wings. :)

Out of stock now, will have more in next week.
Best regards,

Patrick

Patrick:
And that is exactly why I could not use any photos of you and the wing in a catalog.

Best regards,

Patrick
---
OxyCheq

You wouldn't want pictures of my ugly mug, anyways!

I left the logo on... what more do you want? :D

*Floater*:
Looks good. I like the fact that the power inflator has been changed from the previous design (or the design on my gf's razor at least) whereby the inflator button faced the other way. Stephen, if you get a chance could you also post pics of the inner bladder as well and a pic of how the wing looks in water with some gas inside when you are horizontal. i.e. how does it wrap around the tank?

Here are some more pics. It will be a while before I can get shots in the water. There is basically no wrapping. Take a look at the side shot above. With the bladder flat it doesn't appear to exceed the radius of the tank...or... the edge of the wing falls in plane with the valve.

Stephen Ash:
Here are some more pics. It will be a while before I can get shots in the water. There is basically no wrapping. Take a look at the side shot above. With the bladder flat it doesn't appear to exceed the radius of the tank...or... the edge of the wing falls in plane with the valve.

Steven,

Care to comment on the thickness of the bladder? Other than the other Sig Series Wings --- have you ever seen anything so thick?

Another long day --- going home.

Best regards,

Patrick
---
OxyCheq

Patrick:
have you ever seen anything so thick?

Does Oxycheq have a motto? You should make it "Oxycheq - As thick as they come".

I jest! I jest! :D

The bladder IS very thick. It is thicker than any of the bladders I have at home right now to compare.

The whole thing is quite... hmmm... beefy... substantial. The outer shell is as tough as any that I've seen. It is very similar to the Agir in quality and workmanship... both are stellar in my opinion.

I'll have more thoughts later. I'm just getting to know it!

Stephen Ash:

I sort of like this type (urethane) inner bladders because they look like you could basically repair them with a simple bike tire patch. My LCD30 also has a similar looking inner bladder and it made my DIR-F instructor gringe as he had just finished explaining that the Halcyon explorers use 400 denier nylon bladders so that they would be sufficiently puncture resistant for WKPP needs (these bladders look somewhat similar to the common outer bladders for those who haven't seen them). Admittedly the Halcyon inner bladders do look more rugged, but they also look harder to repair (though my DIR-F instructor contested this suggestion) and neither seems particularly likely to pop underwater anyway. Shifting gas inside the wing also made a distinct noise with my ex-explorer 40, which I don't recall hearing with the Torus (urethane inner bladder), though I could be mistaken as I was wearing a thicker hood when I used the latter.

Anyway I brought it up because I was hoping to hear Patrick's and Tobin's side on the urethane vs. 400 denier inner bladder issue, as well as other people's thoughts and experiences. Advantages? Disadvantages? Opinions?

*Floater*:
I sort of like this type (urethane) inner bladders because they look like you could basically repair them with a simple bike tire patch. My LCD30 also has a similar looking inner bladder and it made my DIR-F instructor gringe as he had just finished explaining that the Halcyon explorers use 400 denier nylon bladders so that they would be sufficiently puncture resistant for WKPP needs (these bladders look somewhat similar to the common outer bladders for those who haven't seen them). Admittedly the Halcyon inner bladders do look more rugged, but they also look harder to repair (though my DIR-F instructor contested this suggestion) and neither seems particularly likely to pop underwater anyway. Shifting gas inside the wing also made a distinct noise with my ex-explorer 40, which I don't recall hearing with the Torus (urethane inner bladder), though I could be mistaken as I was wearing a thicker hood when I used the latter.

Anyway I brought it up because I was hoping to hear Patrick's and Tobin's side on the urethane vs. 400 denier inner bladder issue, as well as other people's thoughts and experiences. Advantages? Disadvantages? Opinions?

I can definitely hear the shift of gas in my DSS wing. Not saying that matters one way or the other.

An advantage I am speculating about the DSS bladder/shell is that it collpases more thoroughly, which perhaps makes one more streamlined.

But like my bicylcing friends like to say, "you're just counting grams at this point", if you catch my drift.

SeanQ:
Does Oxycheq have a motto? You should make it "Oxycheq - As thick as they come".

I jest! I jest! :D

How about... "Thick... as a brick."

That's a Jethro Tull song for you young kids!

I guess it wouldn't work for a buoyancy compensator... huh?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom