New Oxycheq Mach V!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*Floater*:
Patrick, could you post a few pics of your vertex wing if you have a prototype ready?

I am waiting for the Vertex 45 Prototype, I do have photos of the Vertex 55 and they are available.

I'll try and get some photos up this weekend --- just been very buried the last several weeks.

Best regards,

Patrick
---
OxyCheq
http://oxycheq.com

Patrick:
At one time, I did a run of red wings --- I thought they looked nice, but black outsells other colors by such a large volume it is not even funny.

I suppose if I was going to do a run, I might be able to add in a few other colors, but they would have to be pre sold.

Best regards,

Patrick
---
OxyCheq

Well...if you get the urge to make a run in red...put me on the list...:D

Because I don't need black to look thin...:D ...yeah right...:D

Patrick:
At one time, I did a run of red wings --- I thought they looked nice, but black outsells other colors by such a large volume it is not even funny.

I agree - my current wing (the apvalves travelwing) is bright red and I love it - can't understand the attraction of a low viz colour like black for open water use (apart from fashion).

:D
PaulChristenson:
Well...if you get the urge to make a run in red...put me on the list...:D

Because I don't need black to look thin...:D ...yeah right...:D

It looks like I may get in the queue for a RED Mark V...:D

I've been asked for a few pics of the Mach V so here they they are...

I had it out this weekend. Very nice. I immediately noticed some interesting things with it that I haven't experienced with any of my previous wings. When I get more time I'll post some thoughts. But it is very nice. :D

Oh... I should add... I cut off the little flap that holds the corrugated hose, I added all of the inner tube bands and I removed and then re-atached the inflator putting a second zip tie on it and then some inner tube over that. (I removed it 'cause I had an idea about how to keep the little flappy thing by sliding a long piece of inner tube over it... but that turned out to be pretty silly.) I also removed the little knob from the rear dump. Otherwise, that's how it looks.

And... there is some photo artifact in some of the shots... The material actually looks fantastic.

Stephen Ash:
I cut off the little flap that holds the corrugated hose.

And that is exactly why I could not use any photos of you and the wing in a catalog.

Best regards,

Patrick
---
OxyCheq

Looks good. I like the fact that the power inflator has been changed from the previous design (or the design on my gf's razor at least) whereby the inflator button faced the other way. Stephen, if you get a chance could you also post pics of the inner bladder as well and a pic of how the wing looks in water with some gas inside when you are horizontal. i.e. how does it wrap around the tank?

That looks really cool Patrick. I'd like to get my hands on one but I already have a 45 SS.

I like the inflator too. I might have to replace my old one soon. Does anyone know where to get them?

Back
Top Bottom