New Oceanic Pioneer Ultra Clear Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I give up, I purchased an Atomic Frameless today. I used my old leaky mask last week in Cozumel, I thought I could wait. I have a Flower Garden trip in a couple of weeks, and do not want to endure the leaky mask any longer. I ordered the limited last August, and waited all this time, but no longer.

I sold mine. I had leaking issues with it. It was next to impossible to have it not leak. In a manner of speaking, if I looked the wrong way it poured in from the eyes. I'm big 6'3 250 pounds but i guess my face isn't fat enough.

I gave up as well. Got a load of 'we'll contact you shortly' emails from oceanic uk. When I expressed my dissatisfaction with the masks and the cancellation of the order (i had 2 LE on order) I got an email explaining everything - why not just have sent this when I first complained!! Customer service please! I'm sure when the mask comes out it will look great and I will no doubt think it would be nice to have one but customer service first, product second. Gave me a chance to try the big eyes evo which I love.

I got the Atomic Aquatics Subframe Mask black, with anti reflective coating. But this time I had the opportunity to demo it before I purchased it. Even with my mustache, it fit very well, never as mush as a hint of it leaking. & its a very nice looking mask. Check it out on their web Page.:wink:
http://www.atomicaquatics.com/vision.html

Yeah, I just talked to someone from scuba.com the LE version won't be out until November. He told me that Oceanic keep having problem and so they keep changing the date. So for now I'm using the regular Pioneer mask in blue and like it a lot.

Yeah, I just talked to someone from scuba.com the LE version won't be out until November. He told me that Oceanic keep having problem and so they keep changing the date. So for now I'm using the regular Pioneer mask in blue and like it a lot.

I wonder what problems .....hmmm:shocked2:

....what problems indeed. Given that it has been over a year since the "launch" of these masks and that the standard version is now shipping in limited numbers (why? is there a potential problem with this one and they are limiting any potential recall) I would not be at all surprised if they pulled the plug on the limited run - 1500 one off units are hardly worth the effort, cost or embarrassment to Oceanic, particularly when most people seem to have given up and ordered another mask. Elephants don't gestate this length of time. White elephants that is......:wink:

Although a large post ....

I wanted to share my bad experience with the Pioneer. I bought it from divers-supply (6/09). I have a small leak on the first dives eventually it became a serious problem (at depth). Last week I dove down to 139ft and water came pouring from my right side. Three of my friends had issues with the mask as well. I'm planning to contact Oceanic to warn them....dunno if they actually have a fix. If you have the same issue report it to Oceanic....most people have reported no issues with the mask, but other postings have reported the similar leak condition (on my humble opinion I believe is not the fit on my face or anything similar). Perhaps, I got a mask from a bad production Batch!! Meanwhile , I will buy another Atomic Aquatic Subframe (I was very happy with it but my mask got damage on a boat ride).

Ed

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom