New Oceanic Pioneer Ultra Clear Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Captain Morgan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I see the new Oceanic Pioneer Ultra Clear Masks have now hit the market. They look very nice btw. LeisurePro has them, JoeDiverAmerica, and Scuba.com. They're being sold out there but my question is: why on Oceanic's website do they list nothing about it? I can't find any information, no ad, nothing. Their 2008 pdf catalog also has nothing on it. It is a phantom mask. Just odd is all. I would think the manufacture would throw up the neon lights on this one.

My second question: to those that have already received theirs and those having won the contest, have you dived with it yet? How is it?

Thanks for the heads up ! i just went on LP's web site and ordered the limited edition.....I hope it fits!

On that note....LeisurePro gives you several color options:

• Slate Blue
  • Red
  • Titanium
  • Yellow
  • Limited Edition
What color is limited edition? Is that the all black/titanium version? I sent a email to LP but yet to get a response.

Im pretty sure those arent available yet....I have a few on order. From what I was told, each store is only going to get 3 Limited Editions...So they will probably go fast. I think they are supposed to start shipping next week or so......

On that note....LeisurePro gives you several color options:

• Slate Blue
  • Red
  • Titanium
  • Yellow
  • Limited Edition
What color is limited edition? Is that the all black/titanium version? I sent a email to LP but yet to get a response.

Our Oceanic rep dropped a Pioneer off at our shop for us all to get familiar with. He told me that the Limited Edition is the Slate Blue and that it is the only color to come with it's own serial number.

I tried it on and it's the most comfortable two lenses mask I've ever seen. I use a single lense mask (Oceanic Mini Shadow), because I used to get a squeeze between my eyes where the frame between the lenses would push on my forehead at depth and cause extreme discomfort and I can tell you that I don't think that would be a problem with this mask at all.

The only cons to it are the size (rather large for my taste, but is probably why it's so comfortable) and the price.

I can only imagine that it's just two new of a product and profits being down as they are for us all, is probably why it hasn't made it to the website or catalouge yet. But yeah, they should be blowing this one up!

Hey guys! Ok, I found a couple of things out:

1st- Dive Right In Scuba, you're absolutely right. The Pioneer masks are in fact not available yet. These stores are waiting for the manufacture to ship the masks, but they are taking pre-orders. LP lists:
New Item - Not in stock yet, expecting delivery from Manufacturer. Please Note: You can add this item to your shopping cart and as soon as it arrives we will ship it to you at no extra shipping charge. We only charge your card when we actually ship the item.

2nd- A LP rep got back with me and he says:
[FONT=&quot]The frame is black in the limited addition: "To commemorate this memorable occasion Oceanic has produced a one-time run of Pioneer Limited Edition Masks, to be made available to the general public. Each special black metal frame is laser engraved with the Limited Edition number (0001-1,500). Packaged inside each of these Limited Edition masks is a special aluminum certificate of authenticity identifying that particular mask by number."

So I guess the limited edition versions only come in black??
[/FONT]

LE only in black....:wink:

You guys will really like this mask, its extremely comfortable. We have had pre-orders in the shop, I just havent had a chance to get them on our website...Not a big staff like LP... LOL

I will see if I can get a better arrival date for you :D

Back
Top Bottom