NEW Oceanic OceanLog PC Interface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Krause:
Hi *Floater* - the SAC calculation is not working the way that it was intended, give me a day or two and I'll have it sorted out.

Thanks,

Doug

I think it's been a bit longer than a couple days. Wondering if the SAC calculation issue has been fixed. I've downloaded the latest version and no calculations.

Hi All,

I am new to these boards and have actually been struggling with this SW for the last couple of days - currently sittng in my room in Dominica, I want to download my Pro Plus 2 info - Current problem is I am limited to 1 dive at the 2 sec sample rate - does that sound correct? With the previous Pro Plus model I had, I could save about 10 dives

TIA

Ray

Hi Deuces,

Right you are - time flies when you're having fun. The programmers are working on finalizing a couple of other projects, where they're working through the SAC calculations. I'll resist the urge to speak for them in the way of a time frame, but once they are freed up, we will apply SAC to the 2.X program. I'll update all when we have a patch ready to download.

Thanks for everyone's continued patience and feedback.

Doug

Deuces:
I think it's been a bit longer than a couple days. Wondering if the SAC calculation issue has been fixed. I've downloaded the latest version and no calculations.

Hi Ray,

1 dive with the unit set at 2 second sampling rate is not unusual - we ordinarily estimate 2-3 dives, but this varies depending mostly on the length of the dive and other variables.

From the web site:

Oceanic Personal Dive Computers have user selectable Sampling Rates that determine when data is sampled and stored for subsequent download to associated PC interface programs. More frequent sampling provides more data per dive yet results in storage of fewer dives for download. Use with Air or Nitrox, with or without air integration, dive profiles, and other variables also effect the number of dives that can be stored. Although as many as 150 dives might be stored for consistent 60 foot dives with the Sampling Rate set for a 10 foot rate, as few as 2-3 may be stored when the sampling rate is set for a 2 second rate.

The factory default of 30 seconds will store 30-40 dives.

Doug

rbahr:
Hi All,

I am new to these boards and have actually been struggling with this SW for the last couple of days - currently sittng in my room in Dominica, I want to download my Pro Plus 2 info - Current problem is I am limited to 1 dive at the 2 sec sample rate - does that sound correct? With the previous Pro Plus model I had, I could save about 10 dives

TIA

Ray

Any news about a Mac version, and the update for the Atom? I mentioned this to my buddy who has an Atom with a Mac, and he was very excited to hear about the prospects...

Hi Bill,

Somethings happen quicker than others... We've just posted the 64 bit driver to the web site at: http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/services_software.html

This driver has not passed Windows logo testing as of yet - so you will get a warning during installation - just click "continue anyway".

Doug

papps953:
I have been using the Oceanic Interface and like it. I just upgraded to a new computer with Windows X64 Professional. Like everything else, I'm guessing the interface program doesn't have 64 bit drivers yet?

Thanks,

Bill B.

Doug Krause:
Hi Bill,

Somethings happen quicker than others... We've just posted the 64 bit driver to the web site at: http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/services_software.html

This driver has not passed Windows logo testing as of yet - so you will get a warning during installation - just click "continue anyway".

Doug

Good Lord Doug, we are doing final testing on two new computers, have two more in the pipe for summer and you guys have time to do 64bit drivers....

I'm impressed and surprised I'm finding out here:D

Actually folks I am finding out here but have also let the Scubaboard members know about stuff first as well. Doug and I really do want to be as helpful as possible to all our Oceanic divers.

Well, I think I may have missed something.

Just downloaded the most recent revision and there is no calculation for the SAC anywhere that I can find.

the K

Wow Doug!! I am truly impressed. 64 bit has been out for quite awhile and I was only able to find one antivirus program that runs in 64 bit (Avast). Everyone else is still in development. You guys beat them and software is their business!!

Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom