NEW Oceanic OceanLog PC Interface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas

Contributor
Reaction score
Just received this email from Oceanic about their new OceanLog PC Interface.

Hello,

We are contacting you as a registered owner of either an Oceanic downloadable dive computer (VT-Pro, Pro Plus 2, Versa Pro, Veo 250, Veo 200, Veo 180, or Veo 150), and/or our OceanLog PC Interface. We have just uploaded a new software program, OceanLog version 2.X, that we'd like to invite you to download and enjoy, absolutely free. The new program allows you to import existing data from previous versions of the OceanLog software application. There are loads of other new features, too much to list here - give it a try for yourself, we're sure you'll agree.

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/services_software.html - OceanLog 2.X link is found under "USB Direct-Connect Cable"

This project is the direct result of feedback from users in the field. We appreciate your input, and invite you to let us know what you think about this new version. Should you have any suggestions, or run into any problems, please feel free to email me directly at dkrause@oceanicusa.com. As always, any future improvements will be added to the web site and will be available at no charge.

If you are not currently using the download program, we invite you to give it a try it as well. OceanLog 2.X was designed not only as a dive computer interface, but really as a sophisticated electronic log book - manually entered dives will not feature detailed graphs as a downloaded dive would, but do allow you to enjoy many of the other benefits of an electronic log. Should you choose, simply purchase the USB cable and begin downloading dives and uploading user settings to your computer.
see more here: http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/services_software.html

Great news! I'm downloading the newer version now. I was disapointed with the version I had (1.0.6). I am eager to see the improvement.

Bill B.

This should be the same as the new Aeris 2.x release.
You may want to read about it in this thread:
Aeris 2.x S/W
--- bill

AlexRodriguez:
So no support for the Atom?

Alex

This new release looks like the current Atom's software but for the other models. After I asked the same thing this is what I got back:

OceanLog 2.X is based on the ATOM OceanLog program, with a number of improvements - If you have specific things that you'd like to see addressed, I'd love to hear about them, and can tell you whether they've already been addressed in 2.X.

The ATOM software will go through an upgrade with the same improvements, although it looks like this will wait until we integrate the new ATOM 2.O, later this spring.

does it calculate your average depth and SAC/SCR? (if you input the tanks and gas used)

currently I have to export the dive to excel and then run a macro to do it for me. no big deal, but inconvenient,

I have emailed Doug of Oceanic about this thread and have asked him to keep an eye on it for suggestions and comments. So if you have something to add, suggest or discuss with the "man" himself, please post it here and hopefully we will have some sort of input on the software.

It does calculate and display average depth.
While it does have an input for the tank size, it does not calculate
SAC. Bummer, because its so simple once you have average depth,
gas used, and tank size. (all of which they do track)
--- bill

I was finally able to transfer my dives from the old program only to find many are gone and the program now promtly shuts down when ever i try to view an old manually entered dive. Just more crap if you ask me.... Just stick with the old one, atleast it works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom