NEW Oceanic OceanLog PC Interface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I only had two dives in my old, and I hadn't entered any dives in by hand. The two dives transfered without any problem.

Bill B.

This is my official "out-of-the-closet" moment. My name is Doug Krause, Marketing Manager for both Oceanic and AERIS product lines. I have been lurking here for quite a while, and make frequent use of the board to get unsolicited, real-word feedback on our products. Going forward, I will participate as I am able to answer questions or direct members to someone at the factory that may be able to help. We have a dedicated Customer Service/Tech Support department that spends some time on the board as well, and may easily be contacted directly via phone or email - I will include their contact information as well as my own below.

I will continue to collect feedback on this particular product and post updates as they happen - your feedback is crucial in this process, and very welcome - feel free to post your comments here or contact me directly.

Thanks for the input so far, I look forward to getting to know all of you more through the board.

Customer Service / Tech Support
service@oceanicusa.com or info2@diveaeris.com
toll free: (800) 435-3483, ext. 226 or 128

Doug, thanks for your participation here. I am a Veo 250 user thanks to feedback from members of this board.

Just for clarification, what USB cable and other hardware/software would be needed to download my logged dives. Is the "old" kit available from Leisure Pro and others remaining the same with only the new version of software needed? Can I download the new version on an Apple computer? As it is, I'll likely have to download dives onto a friend's PC, I guess? Thanks.

Doug, I'm cautiously optimistic on the new app. I promise to play with it when I have the energy to do so. The last version was, to put it nicely, crap. To the point that after downloading dives a couple of times I was never able to talk myself into launching the app again. As much as that cable cost me, it'd be nice to have an app worth using. Thanks.

No change to the USB cable - just a software upgrade.

As of now, OceanLog is only compatible with PC/Windows OS - I have had quite a few Mac users contact me since the email announcing the new program, so it is obviously something that we must evaluate.

Doug, as mentioned earlier in this thread, please include the SAC rate in the program. Also, it would be nice if you could add the option of calculating the SAC rate for a particular portion of the dive. For example, a diver might want to know his or her rates for both the working portion of the dive and for the deco portion.

Thanks Wayward Son. I've spoken with Larry about other gear and he'd be great to go with, so I may do just that.

Doug if you haven't already seen it, there is a thread in the computer threads demonstrating the number of Mac users and potential market for Oceanic regarding Macs. I can't help but think that there are tons more of "us" out there.

I know it's a minority share compared with PC users but I can't help thinking there is a larger market there than is realized by dive computer manufacturers... has a survey been done very recently?

I'm a recording session musician and judging by the number of filmakers I've been involved with, I can't help but think that many photographers and film/video divers must use Apples/Macs for editing and effects purposes and definitely for adding soundtracks to film.

Digidesign/Avid being one of the most commonly used if you're familiar with their Pro Tools, etc. products.

Is it really a dead certainty that Apple users are not enough of a market share to provide dive log downloading for them?

Question: If I take my USB cable and software to friends' PCs are there many compatibility issues with various PCs? Can I use your kit with just about any current Windows based PC? Is it just a matter of plugging in and downloading then printing up the dives? The USB ports, hardware, etc. are the same for any PC?

If this isn't the place to respond to this basic question, could you please PM me with a "beginner's brief tutorial" before I purchase?
I'll speak with Larry at Scubatoys too but I'd like to be in a position to ask "intelligent" questions. :wink:

Thanks, Jim

Jim,

If your friend's PC has a dedicated USB port, you should not have any incompatibility issues - there are some other rather basic system requirements, that most PCs currently in use and capable of running most other applications would have.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
* IBM or compatible personal computer
* USB Port
* Intel Pentium 200 MHz or better microprocessor
* Microsoft Windows 98 SE, ME, NT, 2000, or XP
* Super VGA card or compatible video graphics adaptor (256 color or greater) with a minimum 800 X 600 pixel screen area of display settings
* 16MB of available RAM
* 20MB of available hard drive storage
* Mouse
* Printer (optional)

Tamas:
This new release looks like the current Atom's software but for the other models. After I asked the same thing this is what I got back:

Well I sure hope they upgrade/update the current Atom version as it is less than pleasant to work with.

Alex

Back
Top Bottom