NEW Oceanic OceanLog PC Interface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Same with Aeris. Waiting, and waiting, and waiting....:shakehead

I recently purchased the USB / Oceanlog for my new Geo Dive Computer.

As a long time (30 years) computer guy, I guess I too am disappointed with the overall lack of robustness of the software. I "upgraded" to 2.2.3 off the Oceanic website, only to find that it does unpredictable things when trying to manually enter dives and update locations. Whether or not we like it, the world expects a windows-style interface, predictable performance, and a user guide that tells one what to do.

I've re-started manual entries 4 times now, each ending in corrupt relationships between dive number and location.

Doug, please put me on the list of people who want to be notified when the new version is released.. Hopefully it is new, abandoning the non-standard user interface.
in the meantime, I'm just going to keep the data on my GEO, I think. If you're going to keep in in MS Access, please use something other than lifetime dive number as the key. Also, when selecting photos to relate to a dive, the software should accept multiple selections at once. Rather than pre-filling data, use the 'ditto' paradigm inherent in Access.

The dive computer is great; the OceanLog software leaves much to be desired. If you want some independent feedback on the new release, you can PM me (and, from what I've read) others on this forum.

Hey Neil,
Sorry to hear of your more than common experience with Oceanlog.
Let me suggest you downlog version 2.2.1 from Oceanic website at:
www.oceanicworldwide.com - /software/
You'll find this version to be stable.
Hope this helps until the new version becomes available.
For that matter I hope the new version helps.

Thanks for that advice. I saw the newer version on the website (newer has to be better, right :wink: ? ) and downloaded it vs installing 2.2.1 which came with the USB kit.
The interface seemed pretty weird, which is why I went looking for an upgrade..

I'll give it a try.

Back
Top Bottom