** New Oceanic EOS Review **

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That reg is making me regret that I just ordered XTX-50s. It's HOT!! I really like the look of it.
You won't regret the XTX50s.

It looks a lot like the Hollis reg they had on display, any idea if it's the same unit?

From what I know about both, Your absolutely right. I talked with Doug yesterday and the internals for both are the same. THe exterior housing and First stage(FDX-10) is different. ON the Hollis, there will be a different 1st stage....The Hollis regs should be available in less than a month. I have a few on order so I will post more when I hear from them

Casa,

I probably could :D I will talk to Doug with Oceanic and see if its possible to let you try it on its way back to Cali and in Oceanics hands

its certainly a beautiful 2nd stage.

I don't think I will be trading my Phoenix Royal Aqua Master in for one any time soon. Breaths good on the surface, ok, howabout 40 years from now, when it does get back with me with another in depth non-review.

N

Just had a few of the guys that went back out for Ice Diving come back. I will have a chance to try out the reg myself tomorrow.

They said the adjustments can make the reg free flow pretty easy as there is such fine tuning. Almost too much, BUT that once you get it dialed in and going, the breathing is almost too natural. They had no issues underwater with freezing or freeflow once it was dialed in properly. According to the book(and most regs) you turn the everything to the least sensitive setting until underwater, then adjust accordingly. With the EOS, they said if you didnt have it detuned all the way, it would freeflow...Problem with the reg, or just doing what Oceanic says it would, you be the judge.

I will be diving it tomorrow and try to offer my own feedback.

Im not trying to make a sale, Im not trying to write for scuba diving magazine, and Im not trying to push this on anyone....just trying to be a friend about some new equipment that I love talking about. So if this isnt up to your standards for being in Scuba diving magazine, or making a sale, Im sorry as this wasnt the intention :wink:

For everyone else, let me know if you have any questions otherwise check back soon for more on this review From MIKE PEDERSEN....not a salesman or store owner....JUST A FELLOW DIVER sharing his passion...

Geez some people have to make things difficult for others to have fun and share their experiences....Gotta love the internet:14:

I don't think I will be trading my Phoenix Royal Aqua Master in for one any time soon. Breaths good on the surface, ok, howabout 40 years from now, when it does get back with me with another in depth non-review.

N

No review...I guess next time I will be sure to wait until I dive it first instead of getting excited and sharing what I opened.....Damn some of you are just brutal for someone that is just trying to share new equipment....IF you read the first post, it says we will be diving it and I was sharing my opinion of the reg so far.........after having it for 5 minutes....

It looks good to me, my only question is the diaphragm cover- it looks like sand could get stuck in there easily, hard to tell from the pictures if sand could get in behind the cover easily. Nice looking reg thugh

I dont know if it would get in easily, but I guess it depends on how you take care of your equipment and subject it to sand. It does screw off like most regs so you can easily get any sand, or other contaminates out of the cover and off the diaphragm. Really not too much different than most covers out there

Back
Top Bottom