New Mexico Bottomless Lakes Sept. 4-5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathyfayre

Reaction score
Hi -

I will be camping in New Mexico near Roswell and am interested in scuba diving Lea Lake. Anyone in that area - or know of someone interested?

I'm looking a diving either the evening of Thursday Sept. 4 or the morning of Friday Sept. 5.

Thanks,
Kathy

If you can wait till MOnday (8/11) I might be able to tell you. Have this book at home that lists a lot of dive sites in every state. Doesn't offer details about to go about doing it, just indicates in grid fashion what is diveable and what is not.

The water is clear and :cold: I'm told. Spoke with Inland Scuba of Roswell a couple of years ago (505-623-5015), and I believe he told me that the spring fed lakes have clear water in the high 50 degree F. I think he does dry suit trainging there.

Anyway, it's always good to call the LDS, so I'll suggest that. If you'll be going north, Stella at Santa Rosa NM Blue Hole can furnish you tanks, weights & air to dive there or Perch lake outside of town.

kingdiver once bubbled...
Dive solo. Buddies are next to impossible to find.
New Mexico state parks regulations require a buddy and dive flag .How well it is enforced depends on the staff at the state park.
Joens

the State Park staff that are divers themselves are in my experience very understanding ,none of them have ever given me any static about either diving solo or not using a dive flag .I do both frequently. the only thing they have said to me is how dare I go diving in front of them when they have to work and cant come along. but the rules are on the book so I am concerned when I go to a new lake where I dont know the staff.
Joens

joens once bubbled...
the State Park staff that are divers themselves are in my experience very understanding ,none of them have ever given me any static about either diving solo or not using a dive flag .I do both frequently. the only thing they have said to me is how dare I go diving in front of them when they have to work and cant come along. but the rules are on the book so I am concerned when I go to a new lake where I dont know the staff.
Joens

Where do you dive in NM?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom