New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2. Diver Name for importing dives used to be "Peter Walker" but is now "Peter Walker 65902799 SIN" (part of my phone number and country - not sure where it picked up this extra from?) Had to manually delete the extra stuff. Was OK in 2.0.4.

Do you think you could follow the instructions here:

MacDive Forums • View topic - How to report dive computer download problems?

Using the "d9" test, and email me the results along with your MacDive.sqlite file. There was a minor change in how the diver name works to support the Cobalt. I will check it out.

But basically, what should be happening is that it is downloading and using the name/information that is encoded on your device. You can reset that using suunto dive manager. If your device does not have a name encoded, then it uses the "Owner" name attached to the piece of gear.

I plugged in my cobalt after downloading 2.0.5 and I tried syncing. During the sync the screen went blank on the Cobalt and now I can't get anything to show on the screen. I did get the dives downloaded but nothing anymore. Any ideas? Anyone know how to hard reset the Cobalt?

IMPORTANT!
It may be necessary to update the firmware in your Cobalt before trying an upload, as Fuzzy above discovered. Our releases got a bit out of synch. We will have a Mac program for updating the firmware on the Atomic site shortly. More info to follow.
Ron

Interesting. I checked in the System info and the DiveOS on mine V. 1.07./1. Is this the most current one? My Cobalt is still working, apparently as before. However, mine was shipped from AA just a few weeks ago and my wife's several months ago, though she has the same DiveOS.

Now, she refuses to let me hook up her Cobalt until the issue is resolved! Probably a wise precaution...

Interesting. I checked in the System info and the DiveOS on mine V. 1.07./1. Is this the most current one? My Cobalt is still working, apparently as before. However, mine was shipped from AA just a few weeks ago and my wife's several months ago, though she has the same DiveOS.

Now, she refuses to let me hook up her Cobalt until the issue is resolved! Probably a wise precaution...

Yes, wait for the new firmware.

Probably a wise precaution...
Yes, it's an issue only in certain situations with very long dives or a very fast sample rate, but it's better to be safe. It's fixed in a a firmware update to be posted shortly. Apologies for this, we got the cart before the horse.

I have pulled the update.

The download link on the main site is currently broken; I will fix this when I get home from work.

edit: hotfix up. You'll now get a warning if you attempt to download from a Cobalt explaining this. Ensure you have updated the firmware once Atomic release the new version before you try and download.

Last edited:
The Macdive website really doesn't give much information about purchasing. Is this a buy and download kind of thing or is it a buy and wait for the mail kind of thing?
I have the trial and it looks really good... as far as I can tell, there is no place to put any serial numbers so I'm guessing the full app is a new install altogether...

The Macdive website really doesn't give much information about purchasing. Is this a buy and download kind of thing or is it a buy and wait for the mail kind of thing?
I have the trial and it looks really good... as far as I can tell, there is no place to put any serial numbers so I'm guessing the full app is a new install altogether...

Nevermind, nick has responded to my email!

Ya, just download the trial, and if you order a license it's emailed (generally instantly) and you can follow the instructions that come with it to install.

And to answer your other question here, yes, you get all the updates automatically.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom