New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great! Thanks for that. Will this be included in the next update version?

Yep.

That is strange. Yes, I am still having issues. It is only the dives from the Togian Islands in Sulawesi, not the dives from Bunaken and Manado which are fine. Did you try to move the map pin from those dives?

I have attempted to move the pin from both the dive inspector and sites view, but although I can move the pin to where I want, the changes are not saved and just revert after I leave that view and then come back again to check. I have no idea if it is a bug in the software or a google issue. Currently all my Togian Islands dive map pins have defaulted to a location next to the wording "Sulawesi" as written on the google map, which is somewhere in the middle of the island. I have tried quite a few times but the same thing just keeps happening.

If you have the time, would you be able to see if you can move the pins from their current location to the Togian Islands (just under the arm of Sulawesi in the Gulf of Tomini) and see if that works for you?

All of them move fine - I can change them in the dive inspector, then go to sites and they're where I put them. I can move them in sites no problem. I don't see any issues at all, unfortunately.

Could you check your Console and see if there are any error messages being displayed when you try to do this?

Could you check your Console and see if there are any error messages being displayed when you try to do this?

Which console are you referring to?

Applications -> Utilities -> Console.app

Yep.

Applications -> Utilities -> Console.app

OK checked. Doesn't seem to be. The only errors that I am getting seem to be from the Dock Agent, (attached screenshot), but I don't think that is related to MacDive.

If there were errors in MacDive would the console identify them clearly as coming from that program?

*UPDATE*

OK, this is going to sound crazy but upon further investigation it seems that I can only not move the pins successfully to locations with a certain latitude. I was curious after you said you were having no issues so I moved all my Togian Island dives to Palau, and they were successfully saved. Then I tried moving them to other locations, and they seem to save fine. However, only when I get near the Togian Islands did they not save. Then I moved them to a location in Africa & South America with the same general latitude as the Togian Islands (just south of the equator, latitude around -0.27) and it wouldn't save! So call me crazy, but it wont save the pins on locations globally anywhere very close to the equator. Baffled anyway... :confused:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-05-08 at 20.46.00.png
    Screen shot 2011-05-08 at 20.46.00.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
If there were errors in MacDive would the console identify them clearly as coming from that program?

Yes, and that's why there's a filter box in the top right :)

OK, this is going to sound crazy but upon further investigation it seems that I can only not move the pins successfully to locations with a certain latitude. I was curious after you said you were having no issues so I moved all my Togian Island dives to Palau, and they were successfully saved. Then I tried moving them to other locations, and they seem to save fine. However, only when I get near the Togian Islands did they not save. Then I moved them to a location in Africa & South America with the same general latitude as the Togian Islands (just south of the equator, latitude around -0.27) and it wouldn't save! So call me crazy, but it wont save the pins on locations globally anywhere very close to the equator. Baffled anyway... :confused:

That's pretty odd - the coordinates basically just get passed straight through to MacDive from the google maps interface, and are then saved. I don't know why it would work for me but not you. I can take your pins and move them a little south to where you were suggesting, and it works fine.

Can you take me a screenshot in the sites view, or the dive inspector map view, of where the pin is by default, and then exactly where you are trying to move it ?

It could be that there is indeed some odd issue and I'm moving it somewhere else which it's happy with. Just take some screenshots and email them to me.

Just take some screenshots and email them to me.

Done! :cool2:

Alrighty. Thanks for the incredibly helpful info/screenshots.

Using them I could finally replicate the problem, and I've emailed you a patched version that fixes the issue.

OK checked. Doesn't seem to be. The only errors that I am getting seem to be from the Dock Agent, (attached screenshot), but I don't think that is related to MacDive.

*UPDATE*

*FURTHER UPDATE*

After working with t0w through email, we tracked down all the problems and he has provided me with a software fix that completely solves all of the issues I described. I believe it will be included in the next scheduled update. Thanks again t0w!

Back
Top Bottom