New Luna 2.0 AI signal often lost

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thegios

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been using an air integrated Luna (old model) for over 13 years with no disconnection issues, even if transmitter was on the right and computer on the left arm.

I lost the Luna a few days ago so I bought the new Luna 2.0 AI keeping the old transmitter.

The Luna 2.0 AI paired with no problem today but...
... during first dive I lost signal once (computer on left arm, transmitter on the right) and it came back after 3 minutes

... during second dive computer was on right arm yet I got twice bad signal and eventually I lost signal (which came back after 3 minutes).

Any idea?

I have been using an air integrated Luna (old model) for over 13 years with no disconnection issues, even if transmitter was on the right and computer on the left arm.

I lost the Luna a few days ago so I bought the new Luna 2.0 AI keeping the old transmitter.

The Luna 2.0 AI paired with no problem today but...
... during first dive I lost signal once (computer on left arm, transmitter on the right) and it came back after 3 minutes

... during second dive computer was on right arm yet I got twice bad signal and eventually I lost signal (which came back after 3 minutes).

Any idea?

With a G2, I have the transmitter on a 15cm HP hose, no issues at all.

Actually, the SP transmitter connection with the SP computers I have tried or friends tried are the most stable connections I have seen.

Sorry for you loss of old luna, great computer

My generic trick with my G2 (backmout) was get my left hand (computer) into the scratch the back of my neck position for like 20/30s; connection gets restored

When using 2 transmitters with sidemount my right tank disconnected more often, and using the 15cm hose I routed it a bit closed to my body so that my bungees did lock them basically at my nipple, that helped a lot

Now that’s out of the way… the imp questions:
Which transmitter gen do you have?
When did you last change the battery?

I suspect the Luna 2 has a more “energy efficient” antenna in comparison to the Sol/Luna/G2 that have bigger “rechargeable” (kinda) batteries
Since the 2.0 has that button one

Maybe a fresh battery on the transmitter gets it to peak broadcast range 🤷🏽‍♀️

Edit: Funny I just ordered batteries yesterday for my gen3 (smooth conical ones with led) transmitter suspecting I need to amp the signal/be ready for failure

With a G2, I have the transmitter on a 15cm HP hose, no issues at all.

Actually, the SP transmitter connection with the SP computers I have tried or friends tried are the most stable connections I have seen.
As I wrote never a problem in 13 years with the old Luna, but already two disconnections with this new model 🤷🏻‍♂️

Try new batteries, esp. in xmitter.
That was my first thought: transmitter's batteries, but if they are low should the computer give me an alarm?

Sorry for you loss of old luna, great computer
It was but the new Luna is more visible underwater I have to say.
My generic trick with my G2 (backmout) was get my left hand (computer) into the scratch the back of my neck position for like 20/30s; connection gets restored
That's what I did today indeed, yet it never happened with old Luna.
When using 2 transmitters with sidemount my right tank disconnected more often, and using the 15cm hose I routed it a bit closed to my body so that my bungees did lock them basically at my nipple, that helped a lot

Now that’s out of the way… the imp questions:
Which transmitter gen do you have?
The one from the lost 13 year old Luna.
When did you last change the battery?
Probably never... I did not dive for a period. I thought it could be the transmitter's batteries but...
... the old luna never disconnected last year
... I don't get a transmitter battery low alarm on computer

I suspect the Luna 2 has a more “energy efficient” antenna in comparison to the Sol/Luna/G2 that have bigger “rechargeable” (kinda) batteries
Since the 2.0 has that button one
The old Luna had a user replaceable battery as well, but bigger and different from the new button one.
The G2 is rechargeable.

Maybe a fresh battery on the transmitter gets it to peak broadcast range 🤷🏽‍♀️

Edit: Funny I just ordered batteries yesterday for my gen3 (smooth conical ones with led) transmitter suspecting I need to amp the signal/be ready for failure

Probably never... I did not dive for a period. I thought it could be the transmitter's batteries but...
... the old luna never disconnected last year
... I don't get a transmitter battery low alarm on computer
oh wow, That's good to know that they last that long... but maybe pushing it to the limit 😅

Do we ever get low battery alarms on any of the Galelio series (for TXs)? I have to check my user manual
EDIT: for G2, I checked, nothing about tranxmitter battery low; just computer battery low

The old Luna had a user replaceable battery as well, but bigger and different from the new button one.
you are right of course; but more or less same size battery/range of capacity; I maybe even remmber some rechargable versions of the luna sized batter (memory holes)
I have never seen a rechargable button battery

to my best knowledge. the labels Gen X is something I tell myself not official; heven't seen that; but they are all cross compatible

reason I asked is also regarding battery life.. but I guess you change it and try it out

Gen 1Gen 2 (same as 3, no led, blue or black)Gen 3Gen4 (latest)
Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 23.29.30.png
Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 23.33.33.png
Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 23.27.53.png
Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 23.28.24.png
Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 23.32.55.png

oh wow, That's good to know that they last that long... but maybe pushing it to the limit 😅

Do we ever get low battery alarms on any of the Galelio series (for TXs)? I have to check my user manual
EDIT: for G2, I checked, nothing about tranxmitter battery low; just computer battery low

Yes the Luna 2 does give an alarm if trx batt is.slow

you are right of course; but more or less same size battery/range of capacity; I maybe even remmber some rechargable versions of the luna sized batter (memory holes)
I have never seen a rechargable button battery

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom