• Good

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Dose'nt matter

Votes: 27 61.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe21

Contributor
Reaction score
I seen the Lp overfill therad and decided to see how many people are for it, against it or it dosent matter.

Since I haven't read that thread I'm not sure on what you are considering overfill. I fill mine to 3000 all the time. Is it an overfill? Yes but not like a cave fill. Would I cave fill mine..probably not.

I do not consider the tank pressure rating a hard number to never cross. I have no concerns pushing a steel tank 10 to 20% over. I have seen LP steels, rated for 2640 being stored with 4400 with no issues (much to my surprise). Not something I am interested in doing, but it proves to me how well a LP steel can hold up.

I've had my LP108 doubles at 4200psi before when we wanted/needed more gas for a dive. Typically I fill my tanks to 3600psi. I did get HP130 doubles now and traded my LP108's because dive shops in south florida won't overfill like they do in cave country.

It depends. A 3000 psi fill in a 2400 psi tank is one thing, 3600 is another and 4200 is beyond prudent as it actually exceeds the test pressure (5/3rds the service pressure) of 4000 psi.

Back
Top Bottom